The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Does cardiff university have the opportunity for a work placement year?

Does Cardiff University offer a work placement year abroad if you don’t already have it as part of your degree as I’ve seen other universities have this. ?
I already have a year abroad in my degree and I can choose to work or study abroad and would like to know if this work experience abroad would look good compared to an actual year in industry? Cardiff Uni
Hiya!

It depends what course you're studying. For psychology, we have a work placement year. I think whether or not working abroad or studying abroad would be better also depends on your degree and what employers value more.

Can I ask what course you will be studying?

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hiya!

It depends what course you're studying. For psychology, we have a work placement year. I think whether or not working abroad or studying abroad would be better also depends on your degree and what employers value more.

Can I ask what course you will be studying?

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep

My course has a year abroad in which i can choose to study or wotk
Original post by Anonymous
My course has a year abroad in which i can choose to study or wotk

My best advice would probably to research the field of your course, and evaluate whether a year abroad studying or working would be better. Both studying abroad and working abroad have their benefits, and it also depends on the quality of the work/placement and how much employers would value that.

In regards to your question, I'm not sure what course you're interested in but all the study abroad/work experience opportunities would be mentioned on the course site. I would say as well, depending on your course, working abroad or a year in industry is not mutually exclusive. For example, the 4 year course for psychology is described as including a professional placement, but this includes both work placements in the UK and abroad.

There are also opportunities to study, work or volunteer abroad in the summer as a student at Cardiff University. The uni offers a small bursary to help with the funds, which is always convenient.

I hope that helped!

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending