The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Could I get into LSE and/or KCL?

Currently I am in year 13 studying a-level accounting, economics and mathematics and as-level further mathematics (with my predicted grades being A*A*A*A). To add on, I got an A in LIBF Certificate of Financial Studies. I've sent my UCAS application already and I'm kind off stressed out about my choices.
So I'm just wondering if my grades on the surface allow me to stand a chance at studying Financial Mathematics with Statistics at LSE and/or International Management at KCL.
These two universities would be a dream to get into so any sort of reassurance or 'yeah no you're definitely not getting in' (so I can lower my expectations) would help lift a few weights of my shoulder.
nothing is 100% certain but i don't think your course is as competitive as econ so you will probably get in. kcl is not hard to get into imo its so overrated. lse is hard but w/ your stats i dont see why not
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
nothing is 100% certain but i don't think your course is as competitive as econ so you will probably get in. kcl is not hard to get into imo its so overrated. lse is hard but w/ your stats i dont see why not

this honestly makes me feel a little better so thank you. if you don't me asking, why do you think kcl is overrated?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Currently I am in year 13 studying a-level accounting, economics and mathematics and as-level further mathematics (with my predicted grades being A*A*A*A). To add on, I got an A in LIBF Certificate of Financial Studies. I've sent my UCAS application already and I'm kind off stressed out about my choices.
So I'm just wondering if my grades on the surface allow me to stand a chance at studying Financial Mathematics with Statistics at LSE and/or International Management at KCL.
These two universities would be a dream to get into so any sort of reassurance or 'yeah no you're definitely not getting in' (so I can lower my expectations) would help lift a few weights of my shoulder.

You have excellent A-Levels and will be competing against other brilliant candidates, so LSE is a true lottery. However, KCL will not be difficult to gain an offer from. Don't listen to KCL's reputation being over rated?! 😧 It is one of the best universities in the world and here in London. Obviously Imperial, LSE and UCL are slightly higher in the rankings but KCL is a fine world class university too. 🙂
Original post by thegeek888
You have excellent A-Levels and will be competing against other brilliant candidates, so LSE is a true lottery. However, KCL will not be difficult to gain an offer from. Don't listen to KCL's reputation being over rated?! 😧 It is one of the best universities in the world and here in London. Obviously Imperial, LSE and UCL are slightly higher in the rankings but KCL is a fine world class university too. 🙂

yeah i take that back tbh, my wording was probably a bit off. I dont mean kcl is not good its just people pretend like its sososo hard to get into but really isnt that insane especially with your stats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending