The Student Room Group

opinion on studytubers like Ruby Granger?

I find the study aesthetic obsession limiting and strange. of course she's entitled to live how she likes and she's popular and successful, but i just don't understand why ppl enjoy that whole thing. any ruby lovers here?
Original post by steamedclams
I find the study aesthetic obsession limiting and strange. of course she's entitled to live how she likes and she's popular and successful, but i just don't understand why ppl enjoy that whole thing. any ruby lovers here?

I find study tubers can be useful if I'm not feeling motivated, but I wouldn't say I love it and I don't particularly enjoy Ruby Granger
I guess that Study YouTubers like Ruby Granger could be promoting unhealthy study habits e.g studying 15 hours in one day, but other than that I don’t care. The only study YouTuber I have an “issue” with is study to success.
Original post by Talkative Toad
I guess that Study YouTubers like Ruby Granger could be promoting unhealthy study habits e.g studying 15 hours in one day, but other than that I don’t care. The only study YouTuber I have an “issue” with is study to success.

why do you have an issue with study to success?
I find them kind of annoying, and their tips aren't actually that useful for me
Original post by flowersinmyhair
why do you have an issue with study to success?
I find them kind of annoying, and their tips aren't actually that useful for me

Too much focus on things like aesthetics, needing to have tons of stationary (consumerism) and expensive tech etc, they are essentially an embodiment of what some study tubers have criticised about the study tube community.
Too much focus on things like aesthetics, needing to have tons of stationary (consumerism) and expensive tech etc, they are essentially an embodiment of what some study tubers have criticised about the study tube community.

That's fair and it isn't what is going to get you good grades.
That's fair and it isn't what is going to get you good grades.

I don’t mind other study tubers though for the most part but yeah.

https://youtube.com/@StudyToSuccess?si=b-iHjHLkgDZrUd3e

But back to Ruby I don’t really dislike Ruby or have any issues with her, I can see why others don’t like her though.
I don’t mind other study tubers though for the most part but yeah.

https://youtube.com/@StudyToSuccess?si=b-iHjHLkgDZrUd3e

But back to Ruby I don’t really dislike Ruby or have any issues with her, I can see why others don’t like her though.

I just find her a bit annoying, but I think that's me rather than anything with her.
I just find her a bit annoying, but I think that's me rather than anything with her.

Who Ruby?
Yeah

I can see why she’s annoying to some people

Personally i love her. Shes just a girl who loves reading, hermione granger and studying!! I see how some people might think her videos are unhealthy but honestly i think they need to just get a grip 😭😭 kids are doing drugs and all sorts these day, its nice to see a role model encouraging academia. Anyway, regardless what you think of her life, she does genuinely seem a sweetheart i think
I seek comfort in the fact that she is extremely passionate about her studies and you can see that she genuinely loves learning about her subject, it is really inspiring for burnt out students like me who love learning but just need that extra push. I also love how she does not try and make everything perfect in her vlogs. She keeps things real and it makes me feel okay with being mundane and imperfections, really soothes my anxiety sometimes. I find that a lot of study tubers put too much emphasis on making things look perfect that when I compare my life to theirs, I feel horrible

Quick Reply

Latest