The Student Room Group

Moving towns soon, how will I make friends?

I'm moving somewhere a little bigger as I can't stand this boring small town and most of its false two-faced inhabitants, I kinda wanna get away from my mates as well tbh as they're kinda chavs who just wanna bring you down. Not decided where I'm going yet but the thing is I'll know literally no one, how tf are you supposed to make friends as an adult these days? Literally all my current friends are from school except for one who approached me, I have no idea how you make friends anymore lol. So how do you do it? Anyone else moved and got new mates? I mean I can always move back here if I don't meet anyone but I hate it here. Should mention I'm 25M and I've always been a little shy but managed to make a decent number of mates at every school I went to, they were the fairly cool crowd too.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by FroggyBoy
I'm moving somewhere a little bigger as I can't stand this boring small town and most of its false two-faced inhabitants, I kinda wanna get away from my mates as well tbh as they're kinda chavs who just wanna bring you down. Not decided where I'm going yet but the thing is I'll know literally no one, how tf are you supposed to make friends as an adult these days? Literally all my current friends are from school except for one who approached me, I have no idea how you make friends anymore lol. So how do you do it? Anyone else moved and got new mates? I mean I can always move back here if I don't meet anyone but I hate it here. Should mention I'm 25M and I've always been a little shy but managed to make a decent number of mates at every school I went to, they were the fairly cool crowd too.

Social groups, join clubs e.g. running or badminton, find people through tinder or facebook dating section but just for friends (there’s an option for that)
Original post by FroggyBoy

Honestly take it slow I’m moving soon too don’t try too hard dont be a people pleaser try not to be a teachers pet help people but don’t make yourself look vulnerable

Quick Reply

Latest