The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Bsc Econ. TMUA vs Further Math.

I am taking Math, Econ and Psychology 3 A-Level, planning to apply Bsc Econ, eg LSE and Warwick. Yes, im a non-Further Math student. But will a good TMUA score make me stand a chance? with a A*A*A*
Original post by Jun0428
I am taking Math, Econ and Psychology 3 A-Level, planning to apply Bsc Econ, eg LSE and Warwick. Yes, im a non-Further Math student. But will a good TMUA score make me stand a chance? with a A*A*A*
Sadly no is the answer. Because BSc Economics at LSE has so many applicants with 3 A star grades predicted that they look favorably on the applicants offering Further Maths.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
Sadly no is the answer. Because BSc Economics at LSE has so many applicants with 3 A star grades predicted that they look favorably on the applicants offering Further Maths.

What if i am involved in International Economics Olympiad, had gotten top in the world for AS Math, and have a defent PS?
Original post by Jun0428
What if i am involved in International Economics Olympiad, had gotten top in the world for AS Math, and have a defent PS?

You still require A-Level Further Maths or at least AS-Level Further Maths. Since the LSE BSc Economics is highly mathematical and progress is made rapidly, therefore an A star or A in Further Maths would boost your application.

So why not teach yourself?

I can send you the .zip file on my Microsoft OneDrive to download. It has all the eBooks and model answers to the eBooks.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 4
You still require A-Level Further Maths or at least AS-Level Further Maths. Since the LSE BSc Economics is highly mathematical and progress is made rapidly, therefore an A star or A in Further Maths would boost your application.
So why not teach yourself?
I can send you the .zip file on my Microsoft OneDrive to download. It has all the eBooks and model answers to the eBooks.

Yea why not. what your email? ill email you a 'Hi' with subject 'Further Math'
Original post by Jun0428
Yea why not. what your email? ill email you a 'Hi' with subject 'Further Math'
I sent you a message on PM.
Reply 6
I sent you a message on PM.

Yea i received it. But i cant reply atm due to TSR well-being feature. Thanks a lot mate, appreciated.
Original post by Jun0428
Yea i received it. But i cant reply atm due to TSR well-being feature. Thanks a lot mate, appreciated.

You should get an A grade comfortably. A star requires a lot of practice. But I will have the past papers for all boards on my OneDrive by the summer. 🙂
Reply 8
You should get an A grade comfortably. A star requires a lot of practice. But I will have the past papers for all boards on my OneDrive by the summer. 🙂
Could I also get access to this if I were to DM?

If so, would love for you to specify which exam board. Thank you!
Original post by dcb3
Could I also get access to this if I were to DM?
If so, would love for you to specify which exam board. Thank you!
I sent you a PM.

The papers are for all boards and Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Spanish, French and German.
Reply 10
Original post by Jun0428

How about strengthining your application with a Microbachelors from the LSE
https://www.edx.org/bachelors/microbachelors/lse-mathematics-and-statistics-fundamentals

I seem to recall it gives automatic admission to their online program. I doubt it will hurt for campus admission. Also they have ways of transferring from online to on campus. It cant hurt. And self studying FM cant hurt either.

Despite the jokes made in yes minister the LSE is one of the worlds top schools - no shame in not getting admission.
Original post by hobba
How about strengthining your application with a Microbachelors from the LSE
https://www.edx.org/bachelors/microbachelors/lse-mathematics-and-statistics-fundamentals
I seem to recall it gives automatic admission to their online program. I doubt it will hurt for campus admission. Also they have ways of transferring from online to on campus. It cant hurt. And self studying FM cant hurt either.
Despite the jokes made in yes minister the LSE is one of the worlds top schools - no shame in not getting admission.

Looks good but again I don't think anything you pay for sets you out, it wouldn't be fair to compare students who couldn't afford it otherwise. Could exacerbate a good application, but you're still gambling £710 on if you get rejected or accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending