The Student Room Group

Insurance University

I've received offers from Warwick, Durham, King's, and Edinburgh for PPE. My firm is most likely to be Warwick. Unfortunately, all of these universities ask for A*AA in their conditional offers, and I realise that it was short-sighted to apply to all of these and no universities with lower grade requirements. But as an insurance, I've been told to put the university that is most likely to accept me if I fall short of my offer.
Which of Durham, King's and Edinburgh would I choose as an insurance?
Do any of your choices have a similar course with lower entry requirements that you would be interested in?
Original post by PQ
Do any of your choices have a similar course with lower entry requirements that you would be interested in?

I think a lot of them likely do. Are you implying that it would make sense to email universities for an alternative offer to study a similar course?
Original post by Pisceanprince
I think a lot of them likely do. Are you implying that it would make sense to email universities for an alternative offer to study a similar course?

yes - or ask if it's normal practice for them to consider you for alternate courses if you miss your offer conditions. If any of them do that as standard then they might make a good insurance choice (particularly if they let you express a preference for an alternate course)
Original post by PQ
yes - or ask if it's normal practice for them to consider you for alternate courses if you miss your offer conditions. If any of them do that as standard then they might make a good insurance choice (particularly if they let you express a preference for an alternate course)

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending