The Student Room Group

Art Portfolio

Hey people! I have a quick question to teachers or anybody trying to go to an art school. I need tips on how to create a portfolio. How many mediums should I fit in? How many pieces of work should I put in? Can I put it digital art? I need answers- haha. Help?
Reply 1
Also if number of art pieces depends for what collage, I want to go to University of Columbia!
Reply 2
And can I put music in there too? I want to do different types of arts too.
Original post by Fromple
Hey people! I have a quick question to teachers or anybody trying to go to an art school. I need tips on how to create a portfolio. How many mediums should I fit in? How many pieces of work should I put in? Can I put it digital art? I need answers- haha. Help?

Hi @Fromple

What course are you applying for? You usually need to tailor your portfolio to the course you are applying for, but if it is a general art course I would say it's a good thing to add a range of mediums to show off what you can do! So adding digital art and music would be good. Usually, the university offers a guide to how many pieces they want, but if they have not I would say you are free to do however many you want, but I would suggest keeping it to around 10-15, maybe less, always remembering quality over quantity.

I hope this helps! Any more questions feel free to ask and good luck :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 4
Thank you! That helped!!

Quick Reply

Latest