The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do what your heart tells you. We cant decide for you man.

If you are predicted low grades then what about getting some experience in your desired course? Or beffing up your grade if thats possible at all??

If you aint ready for uni though i will say dont go. My mate did and only lasted 3 days. He's going back next year.

Have a jolly good think!
Reply 2
deanimate
Do what your heart tells you. We cant decide for you man.

If you are predicted low grades then what about getting some experience in your desired course? Or beffing up your grade if thats possible at all??

If you aint ready for uni though i will say dont go. My mate did and only lasted 3 days. He's going back next year.

Have a jolly good think!

ok thanx i know its a stupid thread lol
Reply 3
If you have your heart set on physio, I wouldn't go and do something that isn't what you want to do. There are a lot of benefits of a gap year ucas wise, but you will have to justify it in your personal statement next year. If the stress is off you'll be likely to do better in your A2s, as you'll be able to focus on them more rather than the whole uni application process which is a bitch.

But at the end of the day it's up to you. It's also worth bearing in mind that there'll be more competition for places next year as people will be in a rush to apply before the top up fees come into place.
Reply 4
fionah
If you have your heart set on physio, I wouldn't go and do something that isn't what you want to do. There are a lot of benefits of a gap year ucas wise, but you will have to justify it in your personal statement next year. If the stress is off you'll be likely to do better in your A2s, as you'll be able to focus on them more rather than the whole uni application process which is a bitch.

But at the end of the day it's up to you. It's also worth bearing in mind that there'll be more competition for places next year as people will be in a rush to apply before the top up fees come into place.

thanx actually wot uve wrote is helpful but wot top up fees? :confused:
Reply 5
emmz
thanx actually wot uve wrote is helpful but wot top up fees? :confused:

WELL.. The government want to introduce top up fees, which will basically mean that each university can charge up to an amount (£10,000? £3,000? someone help as I don't know what the amount is!!) each year .. .and thus .. uni will cost a lot more.

Anyway, they will affect those students who are starting in 2006. So a lot of people will want to go in 2005 to miss paying more money. This will (in theory) produce more competition for 2005 places. We were warned against gap years or at least advised to apply NOW but defer it.

Sorry but I am not too clear on the politics side of it or the actual figures, but I know it would have massive implications for a lot of prospective students.
Reply 6
ok thanx for explaining. i think uve helped me to decide lol
are u at uni or college? just wonderin
Reply 7
emmz
ok thanx for explaining. i think uve helped me to decide lol
are u at uni or college? just wonderin

I'm at college, in my 2nd year (so have just done all the ucas stuff if you need any advice!) doing A2 english lit, film studies & psychology (fast track), and AS critical thinking.

I personally think it'd be best to apply now, then if you aren't successful straight away you can always use ucas extra, clearing, and then reapply next year.. Basically you give yourself more chance by applying now..
Reply 8
fionah
I'm at college, in my 2nd year (so have just done all the ucas stuff if you need any advice!) doing A2 english lit, film studies & psychology (fast track), and AS critical thinking.

I personally think it'd be best to apply now, then if you aren't successful straight away you can always use ucas extra, clearing, and then reapply next year.. Basically you give yourself more chance by applying now..

ok thanx ive done the rough copy of UCAS but its not been checked yet guess ive not much time but ill try and get it in lol
:smile:
A gap year is just an excuse to laze around. No, I think you should go to university and put that year to good use.

Latest

Trending

Trending