The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So did you fill in alllllllll the details in your little passport thing? :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
lol yea - my parents wanted to check the forms too which wudve been embarassing - had i not misplaced the pass....lol - i think they may have been expecting comic answers
Reply 42
heh don't worry - i'm sure we'll all be driven to be complete stinges within the first few weeks of living in london (unless you already live in london - which i dont.. obviously :s) hrm

:biggrin: i should send mine back - and my deposit - just leaving it til i can think of something witty enough to fill it in with - heheh :|

did you get a ticket thing for the ball too?
lol actually i am in london now - well greater london - where are u??
and yea i sent off for everything - only cuz i know ill forget l8r - which hall did u get btw - i got wilson house
Reply 44
at the mo im not THAT far away - near Reading..ish .. i nearly lost my deposit thingy actually - not the most organised of people but my intentions are always good :biggrin:

I'm in Bernard Sunley house :biggrin: it looks nice - is wilson house the one near paddington?
yea im about 20 minutes away from campus lol - so much for praying for beit -how far are u? btw have u done ure health paper thingy??
ps i never doubted ure intentions jen lol
ps i never doubted ure intentions jen lol and who cant help being lazy - this is pretty much the end of our childhood - we wont be able to get away with it for long :biggrin:
Reply 48
the end of our childhood..? what..? they never said anything about that in the letters!! *glances over at my giant box of toy monkeys that want to come with me* :cool:

{as for the health form (do you mean the vaccination one) - HA! - lazy i am not, as i have sent mine back.. and even though it wasnt sent on time... i _did_ really have a valid reason for it being slightly late :biggrin: *wib*}
lol - ouch jen - hope it all got sorted out ok - i rang them up cuz my last bcg test was in 1987 and i needed to kno if i shud get a new one, and they said it doesnt matter cuz so many ppl lie that theyll recheck most
its good to know what a strong bond of trust and reliability the med school's establishing from the beginning lol
Reply 50
BeCuZ_iT_rOcKs
lol - ouch jen - hope it all got sorted out ok - i rang them up cuz my last bcg test was in 1987 and i needed to kno if i shud get a new one, and they said it doesnt matter cuz so many ppl lie that theyll recheck most
its good to know what a strong bond of trust and reliability the med school's establishing from the beginning lol

Lol true. One reason why they need to the tests is because sometime you may lose your immunity. Another is that they might not trust all the info from people's records etc. Most people get immunised from loadsa places and the data isn't necessarily centrally collated.
thats very tru - i see why they have to - just wish i didnt need to plow into my old details (brings back those scary memories of painful shots when i was younger) lol
Reply 52
pkonline
Lol true. One reason why they need to the tests is because sometime you may lose your immunity. Another is that they might not trust all the info from people's records etc. Most people get immunised from loadsa places and the data isn't necessarily centrally collated.

so will we get another chance to go through all those immunisations, cos the local nurse was the one who filled up my medical form and quite frankly missed out nearly everything because of what you just said... i just hope i dont need any more of those nasty shots.. ive taken enough and still need to have blood taken from me
Reply 53
KerChing
so will we get another chance to go through all those immunisations, cos the local nurse was the one who filled up my medical form and quite frankly missed out nearly everything because of what you just said... i just hope i dont need any more of those nasty shots.. ive taken enough and still need to have blood taken from me

I think everyone will get an appointment with Occupational Health who will look at the list you sent and fill in any gaps. They may test a few things too. All this is mainly to get a little blue card which shows any hospital/practice that you're fully immunised :smile:.
have any of u bought the oxford handbook of clinical medicine book thing they said we shud bring??? its about 16 pounds
Reply 55
BeCuZ_iT_rOcKs
have any of u bought the oxford handbook of clinical medicine book thing they said we shud bring??? its about 16 pounds

I don't think you would need it for the first two years, necessary for clinicals tho. The only thing on top of my head is a medical dictionary - but you'll get a free one when u sign up to one of the defence unions.
Reply 56
Just came back from rome and while i was there i got a letter through reminding me i hadn't returned occupational health form with a deadline that wud have been and gone while i was still on holiday. i ended up having to make v. expensive calls to the occupational health place from just outside St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican. Turns out althought the remidnerletter they send its very official they don't really mind if what u send them isn't actually complete which was good.
Reply 57
It's been ages since I last posted on here have been busy working. It seems to me that I am the only one who hasn't even had a look at the social calendar. What's all this talk about a fresher's pass? ( I know I should read the fresher's pack but let's just say I dpn't like too many words.) Do you have to pay for the fresher's pass? Finally are you guys all going to meet up somewhere on the 2nd? I need some answers as it looks like working 10 hour days has kind of left me in dark when it comes to anything concerning university. Thanks.
on the 2nd ure meant to move into ure halls - send off the passport thing if u wanna go to all events - things like the boat party have restricted numbers so hurry!its 30 pounds for the pass - 20 pounds for theball which most ppl will go to and u can pay now for the paint ball trip - another 15 pounds
is anyone buying any books b4 we start?? they recommended that oxford clinical handbook thing but some ppl say its for later yrs

Latest

Trending

Trending