The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial VS UCL for Chemistry

I have a conditional offer from Imperial for Chemistry with med chem and a Chem offer from UCL. I'm thinking whether to choose Imperial or UCL as my firm choice. Imperial definitely has excellent lecturers and facilities but I heard that the standards there are really high so students are constantly under great amount of pressure. I'm worried that I won't be able cope with the stress and all.
But for UCL I heard that Chemistry is one of the courses with the lowest % for first class honors degree. I plan to study masters after I graduate from my degree so getting a 1st class honours is quite important for me.
I'm worried about the fees too because I'm an international student. The fees for Imperial are more expensive than UCL and my course for Imperial is 4yrs since they don't offer a bsc for chem with med chem so i had to apply to msc instead.
Any students currently studying at these universities pls share your experiences, thank u
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
The MSci Chemistry with medicine chemistry is probably just the ordinary MSci degree but with certain optional modules pre-selected. You can just do the BSc and pick the medicinal chemistry modules anyway
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
The MSci Chemistry with medicine chemistry is probably just the ordinary MSci degree but with certain optional modules pre-selected. You can just do the BSc and pick the medicinal chemistry modules anyway

Ohh but I've already received a conditional offer for the MSci course though. Can I transfer to the BSc course instead?
Reply 3
Original post by kyue
Ohh but I've already received a conditional offer for the MSci course though. Can I transfer to the BSc course instead?

You can, but since you'd be an international student it's a bit more of a process - visa stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending