The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm not writing what I expect to get. I have minimum grades and maxium but because of the school I go to, it's sort of like you will never be sure about what you will come out with. I'm already convinced I'm going to mess them up because I'm so lazy, but I'm feeling so ill today. :rolleyes:

And, I know what will happen. I will honestly think I've messed them up, and my dreams of high grades will completely be forgotten about and I'll be glad of any grades because I will have been so nervous up to results day.
Reply 21
i'm taking my gcses in the next few weeks.

Hopefull get:
Maths - A*
Science - A*A*
Stats - A*
IT - A*
Graphics - A*
RE - 1/2A*
English - A
English Lit - A
French - A
Art - (No idea) prob a C
I need ABB to get onto my degree but I would really like to get AAB (well, I'd like AAA but that's not realistic.) I'd be ecstatic if I managed to keep all my As from AS level but I think psychology is destined to slip down as I only had about 1 point into A and A2 is harder. Having said that it is broken down into separate exams and I have done cw for A2.. . .. . . But no.. AAB is the maximum I'm aiming for.

English Lit - A
Film Studies - A
Psychology - B
Reply 23
as politics A(100% first two modules :smile:
GCSE
Maths - a*
stats - a*
double science - a*/a*
english lit - a
english lang - a*
french - a
german - a
pse - a*
latin - a (year 9)
history - a*
general studies(lol - ha ha ha) - a*
no doubt ill be hangin from a bridge come august 22nd, but hey ill just blame crap application to doing coursework
Reply 24
biology A
Geography A
Physics A
Reply 25
my prediction:

english literature: B
media studies: B
sociology: A

my dream: (hmmmmm...i wonder!)

english literature: A
media studies: B
sociology: A

f**k media
ive dun some of mine already
ive already got an A in maths, C in computing, A in further Maths, B in AS media.
this year i was advised to finish A2 physics, aswell as doin the AEA in phyiscs and maths.
but its annoying as its gonna be tight whether i get an A or not,
im averaging 77%.
but ive resat phy 3 today, i got 90% in phy 2 already, im ressiting phy 1 again to get tht higher, i got a B for phy 4 in january so im resiting tht, phy 5 doesnt seem to bad, im scared of practicals, and synoptic papers tend to be very mathematical so tht shudnt b too bad either.
jeez man this is depressing.
SORRY IVE JUST TOLD U MY LIFE STORY.... :redface:
I would be happy with these

French A
Drama A/A*
Classical civalisation A*
History A*
Maths A*
Double Award Science A* A*
English Lang A*
English Lit A*
Statistics A*
Photography A/A*

I would be devastated with anything lower
I knoe - chanlenginbut i'll try :biggrin:
Reply 28
Maths (Pure) A
Maths (Stats) A
Music A
Economics A/B
General Studies anything (havent had a lesson)

All are AS
Reply 29
amrou
I would be happy with these

French A
Drama A/A*
Classical civalisation A*
History A*
Maths A*
Double Award Science A* A*
English Lang A*
English Lit A*
Statistics A*
Photography A/A*

I would be devastated with anything lower
I knoe - chanlenginbut i'll try :biggrin:

try to learn to spell challenging first. and why the hell if you can get A*s in everything else, are you getting an A in french - its the easiest gcse, i did it in yr10 and got an A*
Me2
try to learn to spell challenging first. and why the hell if you can get A*s in everything else, are you getting an A in french - its the easiest gcse, i did it in yr10 and got an A*

This is because i am in set 3 in French but I am getting a tutor so hope that helps, anyways I am not that gd but will try hard in French
Reply 31
amrou
This is because i am in set 3 in French but I am getting a tutor so hope that helps, anyways I am not that gd but will try hard in French

Aren't you the dude that was always asking about your options for gcse? Then have you even started your courses at gcse?
Mathematics: A
Physics: A
Economics: A
Computing: A
General Studies: So what?
Reply 33
Eng lit- A
bio -A
Chem- A
Reply 34
Exam: AS levels

I would like all As!

However I would be happy with the following:
Economics: A
At least one other A out of my other subjects (preferably maths)
and 2 Bs (History and Chemistry)
Reply 35
No offense but what kind of person trys for the string of A*s at GCSE? I've never known of it as anything other than "try my best...then come results...omg I got 11A*s wow :O"

Maths A
F. Maths A
Economics A
Physics C
STEP 1,2
fishpaste
No offense but what kind of person trys for the string of A*s at GCSE? I've never known of it as anything other than "try my best...then come results...omg I got 11A*s wow :O"

Maths A
F. Maths A
Economics A
Physics C
STEP 1,2

C in Physics?
Reply 37
Renaissance_2
C in Physics?

Haven't been to the lessons since January. If you're wondering why I'm still going to take the exams. I already have 2 modules under my belt, both high As, so I'm thinking with the AS mechanics module, and the A2 synoptic, I should be able to get some vaguely decent scores. And the few marks I get on the remaining two modules should hopefully prop my overall grade up to a C. I'm thinking a C is better than nothing (have some irrational unwillingness to have good module scores which never become certificated aswell). Though I can see it may well count against me if I perform on the borderline in my other subjects and Cam make a decision about whether to take me anyway. They're not going to take somebody with a C, especially in physics.
fishpaste
Haven't been to the lessons since January. If you're wondering why I'm still going to take the exams. I already have 2 modules under my belt, both high As, so I'm thinking with the AS mechanics module, and the A2 synoptic, I should be able to get some vaguely decent scores. And the few marks I get on the remaining two modules should hopefully prop my overall grade up to a C. I'm thinking a C is better than nothing (have some irrational unwillingness to have good module scores which never become certificated aswell). Though I can see it may well count against me if I perform on the borderline in my other subjects and Cam make a decision about whether to take me anyway. They're not going to take somebody with a C, especially in physics.

Why didn't you just go to the lessons and try to get the A?
Reply 39
Renaissance_2
Why didn't you just go to the lessons and try to get the A?

I was slipping in my other subjects, and Cam haven't asked me for any grade in physics. Only double maths and economics. So I decided to sort my priorities.

Latest

Trending

Trending