The Student Room Group
Reply 380
XTinaA
They missed a penalty too. Oh well, at least only a draw, City can still go down :tongue:

can but sadly wont- surely it will be: Ports, Leices, Wolves?
Full times everywhere, looks like the title is done now, Chelsea slip up. I fucking hate Middlesbrough. Oh well we shut Robbie "sour grapes" Savage up, nice one team! Leeds are not giving up, keep it going! Damn Man City. Leicester lost, two goals from Fulham's Collins John (!!!), Portsmouth get a draw.

And Millwall lost 4-0!
Dil
can but sadly wont- surely it will be: Ports, Leices, Wolves?

I still reckon leeds will go down. And portsmouth stay up.
piginapoke
LOL Robbie 'sour grapes' Savage was just doing what Alex 'even sourer grapes' Ferguson usually does, i.e. try to ruffle the opposition before the match kicks off.

He should know not to do that with United, because we react in style. Average my ass, we would've kept him otherwise, that's his sour grapes.
piginapoke
He's still right though, or Man U wouldn't be so far behind Arsenal in the league!

I wouldn't put that down to players being average at all. Just that we lost more than Rio thanks to his ban.
piginapoke
Always an excuse, I thought it might have been Ferdinand's absence :wink: So you'll state right here right now that Man U will regain the league next season?

We were winnin be4 he got banned. And yep UNited will regain it next season. :biggrin:
Reply 386
mc_watson87
We were winnin be4 he got banned. And yep UNited will regain it next season. :biggrin:

I think you're going to need a new central midfielder first. All you've really got is Scholes, Keane and Djemba-Djemba (maybe) and Keane ain't getting any younger. A new defender to step in for Rio until his ban's expired and when he's injured would also be useful, considering how much you've missed him lately.
piginapoke
Always an excuse, I thought it might have been Ferdinand's absence :wink: So you'll state right here right now that Man U will regain the league next season?

I think I bloody well will! Our youngsters will be up for this next campaign. Expect the Champions' League to return to OT within this next five years too.
Zapsta
I think you're going to need a new central midfielder first. All you've really got is Scholes, Keane and Djemba-Djemba (maybe) and Keane ain't getting any younger. A new defender to step in for Rio until his ban's expired and when he's injured would also be useful, considering how much you've missed him lately.

Load of central midfielders other than that (or lined up) fletcher, phil neville, liam miller etc.
Zapsta

In central midfield we have Keane, Butt, Neville, Fletcher, Djemba, and Liam Miller will join us next season (I'm saying Scholes is attacking midfield here). I think we need an actual left back to be honest, O'Shea and Silvestre would be unhappy playing there and it would free them both up to replace Rio until his ban.
piginapoke
If you say so :wink:

I do indeed. Watch.

piginapoke
Cobblers! Three words: not good enough.

Yet. When the youngsters become a unit, we have a potentially solid platform for a strong defence and lethal attack. So long as we can get a decent left-sided midfielder.
Reply 391
XTinaA
In central midfield we have Keane, Butt, Neville, Fletcher, Djemba, and Liam Miller will join us next season (I'm saying Scholes is attacking midfield here). I think we need an actual left back to be honest, O'Shea and Silvestre would be unhappy playing there and it would free them both up to replace Rio until his ban.

Butt and Neville aren't strong enough for a title contending team, Fletcher and Miller are still too young and not yet proven. It's all very well saying you've got plenty of players, but it's another thing entirely to say whether they're good enough or not. I think the same is actualy true for Arsenal, they look a different team when Vieira's out, but the fact that Henry does so much on the provision front makes up for this.
Zapsta
Butt and Neville aren't strong enough for a title contending team, Fletcher and Miller are still too young and not yet proven. It's all very well saying you've got plenty of players, but it's another thing entirely to say whether they're good enough or not. I think the same is actualy true for Arsenal, they look a different team when Vieira's out, but the fact that Henry does so much on the provision front makes up for this.

Fletcher and Miller have yet got time to become strong enough players. As do Butt and Neville but to a lesser extent. They have experience at all levels too. They're not quite Roy Keane of course but they say Miller can be.
Reply 393
XTinaA
Fletcher and Miller have yet got time to become strong enough players. As do Butt and Neville but to a lesser extent. They have experience at all levels too. They're not quite Roy Keane of course but they say Miller can be.

What I'm saying is next season they won't, hence you need a CM of proven quality and experience. Who that could be though I don't know. I think selling Veron and Beckham at the same time was a mistake, especially when it looked like Veron had finally grown into to the team and this season could have been his.
Reply 394
XTinaA

what a joke - we shouldve won the game! :eek: gudjohnson hit the post...etc usual 0-0 story
Zapsta

i bet united are regretting a) selling beckham b) not getting ronaldinho
Zapsta
What I'm saying is next season they won't, hence you need a CM of proven quality and experience. Who that could be though I don't know. I think selling Veron and Beckham at the same time was a mistake, especially when it looked like Veron had finally grown into to the team and this season could have been his.

Veron doesn't suit the English game, and particularly not Ferguson's plans for the central midfield positions (i.e. to win the ball, protect the back and enable the front four to attack). Beckham was getting flat-footed, not that I agree with selling him but I see the reason. I think Ferguson's going to let Keane stay a while longer and show the young central midfielders what they have to do for us in future. Maybe getting a new central midfielder would be a waste in that respect.
innitman_uk
i bet united are regretting a) selling beckham b) not getting ronaldinho

Ronaldinho, why didnt we get him :frown:.
Reply 398
mc_watson87
Ronaldinho, why didnt we get him :frown:.

because he wanted to go to Barca :smile:
Reply 399
TheWolf
because he wanted to go to Barca :smile:

No, because Man U couldn't be bothered to send any officials over to speak to PSG officials :tongue: (fact)

Latest