The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Ask a Current Coventry University Student

It's getting to the time where those of you in sixth form will be looking at applying to different universities, and if you're in this forum, then you're likely interested in Coventry as an option! :gah:

If you have any questions about the university, or about life in the city, then feel free to post your questions here, and myself or another student here will try and answer. Please do tag myself, @bones-mccoy, and @Coventry University Student Ambassadors in your post to make sure one of us sees it :h:

For many of you already at the university, you'll be starting to get the swing of things now, which can often lead to questions or queries about how things go moving forward... so feel free to ask your questions here too :ahee:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how the information technology business course is like in Coventry? Are the lecturers good?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by chongniki
Does anyone know how the information technology business course is like in Coventry? Are the lecturers good?

Hi Chongniki,
Great to hear you're considering studying with us!
Have you visited us for an Open Day yet? They give a really good opportunity for you to find out more about the course. You get to meet the team that will be teaching you, and current students on the course! They'll be happy to answer questions about anything from the course structure to the nightlife and accommodation, so it really is helpful if you attend.
Josh
Reply 3
Any economics students? If so, whats it like at Coventry because I've been to a Newcastle open day and to be honest that looks hard to beat at the moment.
Original post by l3wy99
Any economics students? If so, whats it like at Coventry because I've been to a Newcastle open day and to be honest that looks hard to beat at the moment.

Hey!
Have you visited us for an Open Day yet? We love a challenge! 😁
- Josh
Reply 5
Original post by Coventry University
Hey!
Have you visited us for an Open Day yet? We love a challenge! 😁
- Josh

Not yet but booked in for one on the 15th of March. I've put it as my firm regardless so it looks like I'll be going there!
Original post by l3wy99
Not yet but booked in for one on the 15th of March. I've put it as my firm regardless so it looks like I'll be going there!

Great! We'll look forward to meeting you then 😀
Be sure to let us know what you think!
-Josh
what would you say is the most social accommodation for coventry university?
Original post by jasminesandhu
what would you say is the most social accommodation for coventry university?

A lot of it will depend on how much you get involved, but I'd say make sure you get one near the uni for Freshers/Societies. Callice had a few events on from what I recall, but I didn't join in many, so can't comment much on them, I'm afraid :colondollar:
Reply 9
Hi everyone, I have an offer for biomedical sci and was just wondering what Coventry bio science students think of the place. Like what the courses, living, faculties etc are like. Thanks in advance for any input!
Original post by shadowdweller
It's getting to the time where those of you in sixth form will be looking at applying to different universities, and if you're in this forum, then you're likely interested in Coventry as an option! :gah:

If you have any questions about the university, or about life in the city, then feel free to post your questions here, and myself or another student here will try and answer :h:

For many of you already at the university, you'll be starting to get the swing of things now, which can often lead to questions or queries about how things go moving forward... so feel free to ask your questions here too :ahee:

I have already posted regarding my question but let me ask again..
How is living in Coventry. Is it safe? And i will b joining in September to study BEng Engineering business Management (Hons) last year.. so is this corse hard or easy to pass?
Thanks really appreciate it
Original post by Abedkhd91
I have already posted regarding my question but let me ask again..
How is living in Coventry. Is it safe? And i will b joining in September to study BEng Engineering business Management (Hons) last year.. so is this corse hard or easy to pass?
Thanks really appreciate it

I've lived in Coventry for 3 years now, and never had any issues with safety. As with anywhere, there will be nicer areas than others, but the city centre is nice, and most of the halls are around there, from what I know! Obviously confirm that before making any decisions though :tongue:
Original post by shadowdweller
I've lived in Coventry for 3 years now, and never had any issues with safety. As with anywhere, there will be nicer areas than others, but the city centre is nice, and most of the halls are around there, from what I know! Obviously confirm that before making any decisions though :tongue:

I am an Arab.. i know some friends who are living in UK and told me that Coventry used to be good but it is not safe for Arabs anymore.. what would you say about that?
Original post by Abedkhd91
I am an Arab.. i know some friends who are living in UK and told me that Coventry used to be good but it is not safe for Arabs anymore.. what would you say about that?

Hmm, I haven't heard anything personally, but I don't know if it's true or not, I'm afraid. Maybe follow up with your friends and see what's causing their concerns?
i have applied for automotive design at coventry university. the uni has so many links with companies like BMW, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Addidas, Ferrari etc. but when i checked on unistats, it was unaccredited. im very worried because people say if the course is unaccredited it is therefore useless. please help! :/
Hi,I'm from Pakistan. Will be joining Coventry this September for Motorsports Engineering. Wanted to know, does Coventry allow students to pick a part time job? Also, whats the difference between Motorsports and Automotive Engineering? Is it true that Motorsports Engineering will close the gates of OEM Car Manufacturing companies like BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ferrari etc. Would it be wise to choose Motorsports or should I go for Automotive Engineering?.
hi! i got an offer for biological and forensic sciences. any student willing to tell me about it? i'm from spain and i can't go to an open day. how is living in coventry like?
Original post by Danial Awan
Hi,I'm from Pakistan. Will be joining Coventry this September for Motorsports Engineering. Wanted to know, does Coventry allow students to pick a part time job? Also, whats the difference between Motorsports and Automotive Engineering? Is it true that Motorsports Engineering will close the gates of OEM Car Manufacturing companies like BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Ferrari etc. Would it be wise to choose Motorsports or should I go for Automotive Engineering?.

I don't believe the uni has any stance against part-time jobs, but I don't know if it's different for international students, so I'd recommend inquiring directly to the university if you're unsure!

Original post by paulaamores
hi! i got an offer for biological and forensic sciences. any student willing to tell me about it? i'm from spain and i can't go to an open day. how is living in coventry like?

What kind of information would you like to know about Coventry, in particular? :smile:
how is living in coventry like? and about the course that i applied for, biological and forensic sciences, is it well taught? or should i go to a different university for this degree?
Original post by paulaamores
how is living in coventry like? and about the course that i applied for, biological and forensic sciences, is it well taught? or should i go to a different university for this degree?

The city is quite small, but the town centre has most things, I think. I've heard the nightlife isn't so great, but Birmingham is only 20 mins on the train if you wanted to visit somewhere more bustling!

I don't know about the courses, but I've found the city good whilst I've been here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest