The Student Room Group

MY GCSEs are in less than a month

Yo I have GCSEs and I’m not sure how to revise because I can’t lie I was mad smart before but now I’m highly demotivated corona fudged up my brain and consistency and I have NOT REVISED AT ALL and am to overwhelmed with the amount of work I need to do I have 22 exams first one starting in 29 days dunno what the heck I’m doing with my life IN URGENT NEED OF GOOD ADVICE and also I want all As 🙂🙂🙂🤓
P.S.
Please do not lecture me I know what I have done and what I’m doing is stupid
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Do Exam papers. See where the gaps in your knowledge are then focus on those tops and keep doing exam papers
Reply 2
Original post by Stressedasfudge
Yo I have GCSEs and I’m not sure how to revise because I can’t lie I was mad smart before but now I’m highly demotivated corona fudged up my brain and consistency and I have NOT REVISED AT ALL and am to overwhelmed with the amount of work I need to do I have 22 exams first one starting in 29 days dunno what the heck I’m doing with my life IN URGENT NEED OF GOOD ADVICE and also I want all As 🙂🙂🙂🤓
P.S.

I'm in year 12 and i also asked for similar advice and was told to plan the month ahead. Make a timetable and write what subjects you will study and when. For revision i would say it depends on what subject. For example for sciences you might want to do some past papers and see where you lost marks on and revise those topics. You could revise by watching videos on YouTube or reading the textbook, some may say that reading the textbook doesn't really help but for me it did but not enough to get A's, so i would suggest after reading a chapter from the book use the blurting method after to see what you can and can't remember, go over what you couldn't remember. Also after you feel confident do past papers they're VERY important. Recap the topics after a couple of days so that you don't forget what you have revised. For maths i really suggest maths genie, it has videos on literally every topic and it really helped me when i was doing my gcses they have a lot of topic questions too which are very helpful. Revise as much as you can, when I procrastinate i just remind myself of how i would feel opening my results on results day and hoping i would've just revised more. You can do this, start now. :smile:

P.s i also just looked at some gcse advanced information, make sure to use that as a guide and follow it as it tells you which topics are coming up and which topics aren't which makes it a lot easier. Also keep in mind that some topics interlink.
(edited 2 years ago)
P.S.

You need to start somewhere at least so start by making a rough plan, covering all the subjects you need to do. Don't cram too much in one day because that would be unrealistic and also try to not put more of the subjects you like/are good at since focusing on other subjects would be more beneficial to you.

I'm not sure how you're generally like at school and the grades you got in recent mocks, but if you're aiming for all 7/8/9 then you need to be putting lots of work in in the next month. If you're behind on content you need to find a balance between learning the content and actually putting that into practice with past paper questions. Don't forget that once you're done with a topic, you need to be coming back to it in a few days to make sure you haven't forgotten everything!

Good luck! :smile:
P.S.

This is literally me..ima pass out soon :s-smilie:, I think that u should eliminate all distractions and find a nice, calm place and just try and practice some exam questions from all your subjects (it doesn't have to be a lot, just a few q's bcs u might burnout), listen to what the others on this thread have said, it is quite useful^^
Easier said then done, do not panic, take it slowly and do not worry, don't worry about what will happen in the future just focus now on the present so you can get work done. I wish u the best and I hope you get those a's :smile:!
Original post by 16Stars
I'm in year 12 and i also asked for similar advice and was told to plan the month ahead. Make a timetable and write what subjects you will study and when. For revision i would say it depends on what subject. For example for sciences you might want to do some past papers and see where you lost marks on and revise those topics. You could revise by watching videos on YouTube or reading the textbook, some may say that reading the textbook doesn't really help but for me it did but not enough to get A's, so i would suggest after reading a chapter from the book use the blurting method after to see what you can and can't remember, go over what you couldn't remember. Also after you feel confident do past papers they're VERY important. Recap the topics after a couple of days so that you don't forget what you have revised. For maths i really suggest maths genie, it has videos on literally every topic and it really helped me when i was doing my gcses they have a lot of topic questions too which are very helpful. Revise as much as you can, when I procrastinate i just remind myself of how i would feel opening my results on results day and hoping i would've just revised more. You can do this, start now. :smile:

P.s i also just looked at some gcse advanced information, make sure to use that as a guide and follow it as it tells you which topics are coming up and which topics aren't which makes it a lot easier. Also keep in mind that some topics interlink.

Thank you I’ll work hard
Thank you
thank you so much for your advice
I’m bout to pass out too but honestly thank you so much I hope you get all As too!!!
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest