The Student Room Group

The Dentistry in Bulgaria thread 2023/24

Everybody's doing med in Bulgaria so i'm not really sure about the dentistry aspect. does anyone know?

Scroll to see replies

If you can enter, go for the Medical University in Sofia!
Reply 2
Original post by EniSheffield

thank you! would u say it's better than plovdiv or varna
I think Varna!
BTW
how are you preparing for the test?
I am unsure about these agencies.. a simple online course should help. Or I would love to talk to first semester students..
Reply 4
Original post by poopie23
thank you! would u say it's better than plovdiv or varna

I am applying for Varna what why would you say its better?
Reply 5
Original post by MoritzZ98
I think Varna!
BTW
how are you preparing for the test?
I am unsure about these agencies.. a simple online course should help. Or I would love to talk to first semester students..

Good question! Apparently there are agencies who prepare you and help you with the admission etc. but from what I know they are crazy expensive.
Do you maybe know about an online course or something similar?
mhh no... I don't :frown:
just answered you in a different thread..but I found this on google https://www.be-medi.com
Reply 8
Original post by EniSheffield

Why would you recommend going for Sofia? Can you go into more detail please :smile:
Ive applied for 2023 entry for dentistry in varna and i would recommend getting an agency, as they can sort out accommodation, sim cards, your application, your preparation for the entrance exams. It might be expensive but it will save you stress in the long run.
Reply 10
I am actually going with be-medi.com. Just tryna fix my knowledge gap first😅 I understand the benefit of agencies tho
Reply 11
Hi

Are there anyone here that is applying for dentistry in bulgaria for 2023?

thanks
Reply 12
I recently got my a level grades two C's (psych and bio) and I only got one D :frown: (in chem) I want to go study dentistry in Bulgaria next year and I am thinking to apply early. I got all 7s and 8s in my GCSES.
Will they still accept me even if I have a D? I did research and apparently they look mostly at how people perform in the entrance exam and don't really entirely look at a levels. Im really stressing about this and I'm scared that I won't be able to get into uni.. I tend to overthink a lot so I already have other options planned like nursing or optometry in the UK if this doesn't work out.. is anyone else in a similar situation?
Reply 13
I’m thinking of going to Bulgaria Ito study dentistry . I got ABB in my A-levels yesterday . One of the Uk Universities will hold my place till next year asa conditional offer
I have to retake the Bs and get them As . Not sure if I do this or just go to Bulgaria
Reply 14
Original post by Amira beg
I’m thinking of going to Bulgaria Ito study dentistry . I got ABB in my A-levels yesterday . One of the Uk Universities will hold my place till next year asa conditional offer
I have to retake the Bs and get them As . Not sure if I do this or just go to Bulgaria

Why are you interested in coming to bulgaria, if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 15
Original post by Amira beg

Thats so blessed. Definitely resit. The thing with going to Bulgaria is you have to come back and do the ORE exams to practice which is just an added headache. If your place is reserved definitely resit.

Message me on insta if u have more questions @ayaan.dent
Hi
My query is regarding dentistry admission in Bulgaria.
If anyone can guide and compare between Plovdiv and Sofia ? In dentistry.
Also if anyone in same boat as I am. I am waiting for Plovdiv admission outcome. Given their entrance test. Got A Level results and got A in Bio and Maths and B in Chem.
I am giving Sofia entrance exam on 6th Oct.
Look forward to hear
Ali
Reply 17
Original post by sadiabokhari14
Hi
My query is regarding dentistry admission in Bulgaria.
If anyone can guide and compare between Plovdiv and Sofia ? In dentistry.
Also if anyone in same boat as I am. I am waiting for Plovdiv admission outcome. Given their entrance test. Got A Level results and got A in Bio and Maths and B in Chem.
I am giving Sofia entrance exam on 6th Oct.
Look forward to hear
Ali

Hi your lucky you’ve applied for plodiv. I applied last minute for dentistry in Bulgaria and only Sofia was available. I know people that are going to Plovdiv for dentistry probably because it’s cheaper and it looks more modern. I feel like more UK people go to Plovdiv too but I’m not 100% sure.
Hello! I’m probably biased because I study in plovdiv, but I would say plovdiv and Sofia are top two. If you do not get accepted there, try Varna. I wish you the best of luck !
Hi! Well done for completing your A Levels! You’re one step closer to becoming a dentist. I wouldn’t advise taking a gap year if you intend on going to Bulgaria in the end. You’ll realise time is very valuable and the sooner you can start your course, the sooner you can finish! I would say is there might be a chance if you try Varna but I don’t think plovdiv or Sofia will accept a D in chem I’m afraid. Don’t be afraid to try! You never know what could happen! I wish you the best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending