The Student Room Group

how to make a move on crush

I can’t believe I’ve resorted to posting a forum on here about this… but as a girl it’s literally so hard to make moves on guys that aren’t either too subtle or too bold??!?!?!? HELPP

for gods sake 💀
Original post by www.iLoveEnglish
I can’t believe I’ve resorted to posting a forum on here about this… but as a girl it’s literally so hard to make moves on guys that aren’t either too subtle or too bold??!?!?!? HELPP

for gods sake 💀

Heyyy,
As a girl too honestly I find it difficult too and I also learned from my mistakes to yeah I'll try my best to help you😅
Can I just ask one question?
Do you know the guy you have a crush on and he knows you too and you to him sometimes or it's just by distance you never really talked to that person and everything?
I actually told my crush I liked him thinking there was a chance for him to like me back which I guess was not the case and got rejected😬(ouch). I would say don't fall into their tricks, the eye contact thing, I fell into it and it turns out that person was not into me(ouch X2). But you need to see if that person also shows signs that he likes you aswell but I mean it's hard to understand body language right?
Each guy has it's own personality so it kinda hard to make a move on them.
So it really depends on whether you know him already or not.
I tried my best sorry🥲
Original post by Anonymous
Heyyy,
As a girl too honestly I find it difficult too and I also learned from my mistakes to yeah I'll try my best to help you😅
Can I just ask one question?
Do you know the guy you have a crush on and he knows you too and you to him sometimes or it's just by distance you never really talked to that person and everything?
I actually told my crush I liked him thinking there was a chance for him to like me back which I guess was not the case and got rejected😬(ouch). I would say don't fall into their tricks, the eye contact thing, I fell into it and it turns out that person was not into me(ouch X2). But you need to see if that person also shows signs that he likes you aswell but I mean it's hard to understand body language right?
Each guy has it's own personality so it kinda hard to make a move on them.
So it really depends on whether you know him already or not.
I tried my best sorry🥲

Omg girl you’re actually a life saver!!

basically, I sit next to him in class, we talk a lot, sometimes we walk in the corridor and talk - other than that thats It but I have been noticing he always says hi or goodmorning to me in passing?? Do guys do that?? Or Is he just being friendly? I honestly can’t tell 😭
Omg I respect you for actually telling your crush though.. like I have fear of rejection 🥲
Me and him have eye contact ALOT but I can’t tell if it’s friendly or romantic? Because he’s overall a really friendly guy…
thankyou soooo much for your reply!!! Ahhh it’s so hard because I wanna make a subtle move but idk how
I have been in your position but growing up now life is too short. My advice to you is if your friends with him and you know eachother well already than tell him cos he already knows how u r so he would have already made a decision on whether he likes u or not. If u tell him he might like u and say yes, or he might start to think of u in that way as you’ve opened a door and he might ask u some time for him to think. Honestly girlie rejection is PROTECTION! I used to be so scared of rejection but it honestly does redirect or protect u. Everything happens for a reason. If u think about it in this way. This is how I thought of things when I was scared to get rejected by a guy: if this guy says no so what? Yes I’ll be sad for a little bit but only until I move on, and then I’d think back to all the guys I used to like before the current guy and realise how irrelevant their opinions are and how I have no feelings whatsoever for them and then I’ll say to myself this guy will also be like them guys. Irrelevant to me, so who cares if he says no? Life’s too short to live with regrets darling. Id say go and tell him. I told my recent crush turns out he liked me and we are happily in a relationship for 6 months now!
I have been in your position but growing up now life is too short. My advice to you is if your friends with him and you know eachother well already than tell him cos he already knows how u r so he would have already made a decision on whether he likes u or not. If u tell him he might like u and say yes, or he might start to think of u in that way as you’ve opened a door and he might ask u some time for him to think. Honestly girlie rejection is PROTECTION! I used to be so scared of rejection but it honestly does redirect or protect u. Everything happens for a reason. If u think about it in this way. This is how I thought of things when I was scared to get rejected by a guy: if this guy says no so what? Yes I’ll be sad for a little bit but only until I move on, and then I’d think back to all the guys I used to like before the current guy and realise how irrelevant their opinions are and how I have no feelings whatsoever for them and then I’ll say to myself this guy will also be like them guys. Irrelevant to me, so who cares if he says no? Life’s too short to live with regrets darling. Id say go and tell him. I told my recent crush turns out he liked me and we are happily in a relationship for 6 months now!

AHHHHH GIRL THANK YOU SO MUCH

Honestly you’re so right. There’s no point me sitting here not sure if he likes me or not, it would be easier if I just told him.. omg, the thing about him already making the decision about me is so true, I’ve never looked at it that way! The only thing is though, I wouldn’t want it to make things awkward as I have to sit next to him in lesson.. we have good friendship and it could be ruined ?
also, I don’t know if he’s ready for a relationship or not?
Your advice is so valuable im so grateful. I honestly believe the universe leads us in the direction that we’re supposed to go in, so if he’s not right for me, it won’t happen and I’ll be redirected to someone else. I think it’s about time I stop being scared of rejection, so I’ll start with small steps and see how it goes!
tomorrow I sit next to him so I’m gonna make some moves… I’ll update you hahahaha
Ask her dad that you’d like to marry his daughter

I mean it is true but you don't wanna be too quick with a guy too. And for someone who doesn't wanna rush things you might actually ruins a friendship. I would say tell your crush without telling him. Show some signs that you like him so that if he doesn't like you then he won't take it personal and if he does then you win.
I mean it is true but you don't wanna be too quick with a guy too. And for someone who doesn't wanna rush things you might actually ruins a friendship. I would say tell your crush without telling him. Show some signs that you like him so that if he doesn't like you then he won't take it personal and if he does then you win.

I’m 100% gonna take your advice!! Tomorrow I’m gonna make a move and see what his reaction is, like something small

Thankyou so much <3333
AHHHHH GIRL THANK YOU SO MUCH

Honestly you’re so right. There’s no point me sitting here not sure if he likes me or not, it would be easier if I just told him.. omg, the thing about him already making the decision about me is so true, I’ve never looked at it that way! The only thing is though, I wouldn’t want it to make things awkward as I have to sit next to him in lesson.. we have good friendship and it could be ruined ?
also, I don’t know if he’s ready for a relationship or not?
Your advice is so valuable im so grateful. I honestly believe the universe leads us in the direction that we’re supposed to go in, so if he’s not right for me, it won’t happen and I’ll be redirected to someone else. I think it’s about time I stop being scared of rejection, so I’ll start with small steps and see how it goes!
tomorrow I sit next to him so I’m gonna make some moves… I’ll update you hahahaha

Haha no problem girl, I’ve got you. But yeah in terms of awkwardness I believe something truly isn’t awkward unless u make it awkward ik it’s harder to say than do but if anything does go wrong u can always be like let’s not ruin our friendship and then I find the best way to eliminate awkwardness is to joke around and have fun and then that will go away. I think you should very lightly flirt or drop the subtlest hints see how his energy is and then u can tell him accordingly! Yes keep me updated!! :smile:)
for gods sake 💀

as a boy based on waht u have posted after, he either likes u or hes just really nice. personally i think hes just being nice. but i might be wrong. 😀😏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending