The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Mathematics Paper 1 (7357/1) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Mathematics Paper 1 exam go today?

AQA A-level Mathematics Paper 1 (7357/1) - 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 6th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2 hours

Congratulations on finishing your exam
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How is everyone feeling about Paper 1? Pure is definitely the worst for me and I’ve done all the past papers so I’m just trying to do as many questions I can :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by pa01111
How is everyone feeling about Paper 1? Pure is definitely the worst for me and I’ve done all the past papers so I’m just trying to do as many questions I can :smile:

I'm gonna be honest. Out of all 3, pure is is the easiest paper and mechanics is hell. I think I can get an A* in paper 1. I've made a list of key topics that came up in previous papers (2018-2022) and made predictions on what's to come in paper 1. If you want, I can send you a link to the document
Reply 3
Original post by DS13990609
I'm gonna be honest. Out of all 3, pure is is the easiest paper and mechanics is hell. I think I can get an A* in paper 1. I've made a list of key topics that came up in previous papers (2018-2022) and made predictions on what's to come in paper 1. If you want, I can send you a link to the document

please could you link/send me the document
thankss
Reply 4
The link to this document is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1swJSMYTjniAhxd_x-avcbOgyXryCTHxuKVzM21Y6ocE/edit?usp=sharing

Reply 5

Yh, mechanics will actually kill me 😭 idk what it is but I can’t do mechanics to save my life
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by S16.x
Yh, mechanics will actually kill me 😭 idk what it is but I can’t do mechanics to save my life

Paper 1 and 3, I have to get 80%+
Paper 2, lets aim for 60% ish
UNLESS there's easy suvat equations (around 5 marks) and Velocity Time graphs (4-6 marks)
Reply 7
Can you send the predictions for what will come up in paper 1 please
Reply 8
Original post by ayuhas21
Can you send the predictions for what will come up in paper 1 please

Scroll up for the link. Remember to revise everything tho and not just the prediction topics

If you cba to scroll up here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1swJSMYTjniAhxd_x-avcbOgyXryCTHxuKVzM21Y6ocE/edit?usp=sharing
Reply 9
I'm aiming for just over 50 on paper 1, 45 on paper 2 and 55 on paper 3. I'm hoping for a B but a C isn't awful.
Reply 10
Original post by nopey123
I'm aiming for just over 50 on paper 1, 45 on paper 2 and 55 on paper 3. I'm hoping for a B but a C isn't awful.

Just get an A*. You can do it
Reply 11
Just get an A*. You can do it

Lmao if only, my main issue is accessing the med demand questions as I find a way to talk myself out of most of them. I've seemed to of got the hang of the higher demand ones (or at least enough for what I need)
Reply 12
i feel like am i finished cos i dont know anything and that the exam is very soon
Reply 13

I think Paper 3 is the easiest for me since I like stats. I'm 50/50 on mechanics, it depends on what questions come up for me
Reply 14
I think for me Paper 1 will be the hardest getting around 50-60% hopefully and Paper 2 and 3 will be much easier since I can focus on getting marks in Section B. Pure just confuses me too much and I struggle with timing a lot.
Reply 15
Does anyone have any hard exam questions? I've done all the papers, the questions in my textbook and maths genie so I'm not sure what to do :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by pa01111
Does anyone have any hard exam questions? I've done all the papers, the questions in my textbook and maths genie so I'm not sure what to do :smile:

You can use this: https://www.mathsquestions.app/al
Reply 17

Thanks!
Reply 18
Is anyone using MyMaths to revise?
I think that the CGP AQA practise papers are a good resource sometimes quite similar to the actual paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending