The Student Room Group

How do I check for available courses without declining my insurance?

How do i check for available courses with the grades i get from results day without declining my insurance choice?
Original post by StressedBurger
How do i check for available courses with the grades i get from results day without declining my insurance choice?

You can search courses with clearing vacancies now - just go on the UCAS website and search
Reply 2

i also need to know
Reply 3
Unis will publish their Clearing vacancies on their websites on Thursday am - and it worth checking from Wednesday evening as some do this earlier - and there is nothing to stop you phoning Unis before you ditch any confirmed place, some will not talk to you if you are not actually 'in Clearing' but its worth a go.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Unis will publish their Clearing vacancies on their websites on Thursday am - and it worth checking from Wednesday evening as some do this earlier - and there is nothing to stop you phoning Unis before you ditch any confirmed place, some will not talk to you if you are not actually 'in Clearing' but its worth a go.

How would you go about securing a place at a clearing uni without declining your insurance ? E.g I wouldn’t want to decline my insurance offer in case the clearing uni (if it exists) turns me down and then I would have lost the insurance too !! Would they give me assurances without a clearing reference number ?

I love your username!

Don't be stressed, we're here for ya :jumphug:

I'm just going to edit your thread title by the way, don't mine me. :cyber:
Original post by Jamested
How would you go about securing a place at a clearing uni without declining your insurance ? E.g I wouldn’t want to decline my insurance offer in case the clearing uni (if it exists) turns me down and then I would have lost the insurance too !! Would they give me assurances without a clearing reference number ?

Clearing is designed to match unplaced applicants with courses with vacancies.

If you’re placed with your insurance then you’re trying to use clearing for something it isn’t designed for. That means it’s not going to work perfectly for you.

it’s at the discretion of the universities you contact whether they’ll consider you for clearing while you hold a place elsewhere. They won’t be able to see your application so it’s very important that you give them clear and complete information and check they’ve recorded it correctly.
Original post by PQ
Clearing is designed to match unplaced applicants with courses with vacancies.

If you’re placed with your insurance then you’re trying to use clearing for something it isn’t designed for. That means it’s not going to work perfectly for you.

it’s at the discretion of the universities you contact whether they’ll consider you for clearing while you hold a place elsewhere. They won’t be able to see your application so it’s very important that you give them clear and complete information and check they’ve recorded it correctly.

As for student finance, can we transfer it from the original course to the new one or do we have to apply again and wait the whole process?
Original post by McGinger

Do you know who won't talk to us, unless we are in Clearing?
(edited 8 months ago)
As for student finance, can we transfer it from the original course to the new one or do we have to apply again and wait the whole process?

You should have an option to make changes to your application.

SFE always has lots of students amending their university and course in august and they have staff prepared to process those changes asap
Original post by PQ
You should have an option to make changes to your application.

SFE always has lots of students amending their university and course in august and they have staff prepared to process those changes asap

Thanks for the help 😁

SFE have made a video on how to makes changes to your application:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKENmohOsAk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending