The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University next steps

Hi, I hope that Results Day is going well for everybody, and I wish you all the best!

I have just confirmed my place at Durham University, which I am very happy about! Long story short, it wasn't the original course that I had applied for (History and Languages and Cultures) because I didn't meet the grade requirements, but it's Languages and Cultures, and I can add History moduels, so it's the same in all but name. All's well that ends well.

I have confirmed my place on the changed course on UCAS, as well as on the Undergraduate Student Application Portal. Are there any more forms that I need to fill in for Durham University, such as for accomodation? Will these forms be the same or different because I've been offered a different course? What about forms for Student Finance?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Original post by Ahsoka5!
Hi, I hope that Results Day is going well for everybody, and I wish you all the best!

I have just confirmed my place at Durham University, which I am very happy about! Long story short, it wasn't the original course that I had applied for (History and Languages and Cultures) because I didn't meet the grade requirements, but it's Languages and Cultures, and I can add History moduels, so it's the same in all but name. All's well that ends well.

I have confirmed my place on the changed course on UCAS, as well as on the Undergraduate Student Application Portal. Are there any more forms that I need to fill in for Durham University, such as for accomodation? Will these forms be the same or different because I've been offered a different course? What about forms for Student Finance?

Hey there

Congratulations on your offer, it's very exciting!!

Here you can find the next steps listed for offer-holders: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/offer/before-you-arrive/firm-and-insurance-offer-holders/#d.en.489565. Based on this, I don't think there's anything else you need to do right now. If your college allocation hasn't been confirmed yet, you'll hear from your college (whether it's the same as the provisional allocation or a different one) towards the end of August. The license agreement for your accommodation will be sent out by your college sometime in September. And all these forms will be the same irrespective of your course.

I'm not very sure about student finance but maybe @Lemur14 can help?

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Is your SFE question is regards to your current application showing your previous course?
Reply 3
Original post by Durham Students
Hey there

Congratulations on your offer, it's very exciting!!

Here you can find the next steps listed for offer-holders: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/offer/before-you-arrive/firm-and-insurance-offer-holders/#d.en.489565. Based on this, I don't think there's anything else you need to do right now. If your college allocation hasn't been confirmed yet, you'll hear from your college (whether it's the same as the provisional allocation or a different one) towards the end of August. The license agreement for your accommodation will be sent out by your college sometime in September. And all these forms will be the same irrespective of your course.

-Himieka

Thank you very much! Since I've changed my course, does that make it more likely that I will be allocated to a different college?
Reply 4
Original post by random_matt
Is your SFE question is regards to your current application showing your previous course?

I'm not sure that I understand? Durham University (History and Languages) was my firm choice so it's the one that SFE already knows about. I have changed my course though. Do I need to tell SFE?
I'm not sure that I understand? Durham University (History and Languages) was my firm choice so it's the one that SFE already knows about. I have changed my course though. Do I need to tell SFE?

That is exactly what I was referring to. I am not sure, in your case the department is identical. I am not too sure if it is even relevant as Durham could merely tell SFE you have joined the university regardless of what degree you are studying.

For Student Finance you should be able to change your course by logging in to your application - you may need to fill out a form :smile:
Hey there

-Himieka

Thanks for the tag :hugs:
Original post by Lemur14
For Student Finance you should be able to change your course by logging in to your application - you may need to fill out a form :smile:

That will reset the process to another 6 weeks.
Original post by random_matt
That will reset the process to another 6 weeks.

Not if it's the same circumstances (eg. still out of London and living away from home).
Thank you very much! Since I've changed my course, does that make it more likely that I will be allocated to a different college?

It is possible that a course change might affect your chances of getting reallocated because your provisional college might not have more spaces for Languages and Cultures students but rest assured, they will try their best to keep you with your provisional allocation. And no matter which college you end up in, I know you'll be very happy there :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Lemur14

Thank you very much, I will do that!
Reply 12
It is possible that a course change might affect your chances of getting reallocated because your provisional college might not have more spaces for Languages and Cultures students but rest assured, they will try their best to keep you with your provisional allocation. And no matter which college you end up in, I know you'll be very happy there :smile:

-Himieka

Thank you, that makes sense about the number of language students. I hope that I can stay at Trev's College, but at the end of the day, it's the collegiate system that I love

Quick Reply

Latest