The Student Room Group

Official: Keele University A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the Keele University A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252545

For general information click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...rses/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicineentryrequirements/

Selection process: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply/#shortlisting

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey everyone! Best of luck for applications this year :smile: A reminder that anything is possible, I recieved 2400 UCAT and i'm starting this med this year...if anyone has any questions - please feel free to message me or ask here :smile: since i applied in 2023 i'm sure i'll be able to answer everyones questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by (())
Hey everyone! Best of luck for applications this year :smile: A reminder that anything is possible, I recieved 2400 UCAT and i'm starting this med this year...if anyone has any questions - please feel free to message me or ask here :smile: since i applied in 2023 i'm sure i'll be able to answer everyones questions :smile:

Well done for getting in ....what Gcse grades did u have and Alevels ....did u have loads of work experience?sorry for bombarding u
Reply 3
Hey that's okay!! I only had one work experience, and had 7,8,9 for my gcse's & got 3A's in a-level :smile: keele uni is a great place to apply honestly!!
Reply 4
Original post by Wishfull
Well done for getting in ....what Gcse grades did u have and Alevels ....did u have loads of work experience?sorry for bombarding u

Hey that's okay!! I only had one work experience, and had 7,8,9 for my gcse's & got 3A's in a-level keele uni is a great place to apply honestly!!

if you have any more questions please message me!!
Reply 5
Original post by (())
Hey that's okay!! I only had one work experience, and had 7,8,9 for my gcse's & got 3A's in a-level keele uni is a great place to apply honestly!!

if you have any more questions please message me!!

I thought keele wanted lots of work experience
Reply 6

they look at applications hollistically :smile:

they score your personal statement, so you need at least some, in a helping or caring capacity
Reply 8
I have a 2660 Band 3 UCAT and predicted 3A*s is that good enough for Keele?
Reply 9
Original post by Zaidat
I have a 2660 Band 3 UCAT and predicted 3A*s is that good enough for Keele?

Its more ab volunteering and work exp
Reply 10
Original post by (())
they look at applications hollistically :smile:

Which part of your application would you say "stood out" the most?
Reply 11
Original post by chemelved
Which part of your application would you say "stood out" the most?

Haha no idea but it must have been my interview, i got an offer hours after
Reply 12
Original post by (())
Haha no idea but it must have been my interview, i got an offer hours afterwards that

Were u a first time applicant?was the interview hard
Reply 13
Were u a first time applicant?was the interview hard

Yepp first time & it depends on how well you prepare for it !
Reply 14
Original post by (())
Yepp first time & it depends on how well you prepare for it !

What experience did you put on your R+R form? And how well would you say it helped your application?
Reply 15
Am a gap year student with achieved gradesA*AA Gcse mainly A and A* ukcat 690...work experience care home ...explore learning centre....
Am a gap year student with achieved gradesA*AA Gcse mainly A and A* ukcat 690...work experience care home ...explore learning centre....

if you do apply, make sure your personal statement matches keele's specification, as PS is scored for 15 out of 25 points
Reply 17
Original post by reubenn05
if you do apply, make sure your personal statement matches keele's specification, as PS is scored for 15 out of 25 points

Where can you find the personal statement spec? Where do the other 10 points come from?
Original post by chemelved
Where can you find the personal statement spec? Where do the other 10 points come from?

https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/medicine/medicinehowtoapply/#shortlisting
Reply 19
Original post by (())

Hey so I got a 2500 and have all 7 and above in gcse and I have A*AAA predicted

Am I able to get in anywhere?

Also i loved the Keele campus but how is the city around Keele is it relatively lively?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending