The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy Applicants 2024

If you're applying to uni for Physiotherapy for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Scroll to see replies

Hi, im applying to physiotherapy this year and wanted to do some online courses or read some books to get a further insight into the field and enhance my personal statement. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.
i want to apply to physiotherapy at kings college london. my stats are as follows:
GCSEs:
biology - 6
chemsitry - 8
physics - 6
maths - 7
english literature - 7
english language - 7
computer science - 9
geography - 8
french - 9
business - 8

A levels:
biology - A
chemistry - B
Maths - A

I have volunteered with kids, at a nursing home, at willen hospice and a charity shop. I have shadowed a physiotherapist at the hospice. I have participated in gold DofE and NCS.

Considering these things do you think I have a chance at an interview offer
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by student_5253
i want to apply to physiotherapy at kings college london. my stats are as follows:
GCSEs:
biology - 6
chemsitry - 8
physics - 6
maths - 7
english literature - 7
english language - 7
computer science - 9
geography - 8
french - 9
business - 8

A levels:
biology - A
chemistry - B
Maths - A

I have volunteered with kids, at a nursing home, at willen hospice and a charity shop. I have shadowed a physiotherapist at the hospice. I have participated in gold DofE and NCS.

Considering these things do you think I have a chance at an interview offer

Your grades meet the requirements and you've got some very relevant experience so you should have a very good chance of an interview. What other unis are you considering?
Hi, im applying to physiotherapy this year and wanted to do some online courses or read some books to get a further insight into the field and enhance my personal statement. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Have you got work/volunteering experience and been able to shadow a physio? This is what matters for healthcare courses. Also, read up on NHS values and the 6 Cs:

https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/en/nhs-staffing-pool-hub/working-in-healthcare/what-are-the-nhs-values

https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/nhs-staffing-pool-hub/working-in-healthcare/the-6-cs-of-care
Original post by normaw
Your grades meet the requirements and you've got some very relevant experience so you should have a very good chance of an interview. What other unis are you considering?

Southampton, hull, plymouth and leicster. These are unis that I'm currently considering but the research is ongoing. I was worried about an interview offer at kcl since my grades only meet the minimum requirements. I though that this might put me at a disadvantage.
Original post by normaw
Have you got work/volunteering experience and been able to shadow a physio? This is what matters for healthcare courses. Also, read up on NHS values and the 6 Cs:

https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/en/nhs-staffing-pool-hub/working-in-healthcare/what-are-the-nhs-values

https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/nhs-staffing-pool-hub/working-in-healthcare/the-6-cs-of-care

I do have volunteering and work experience. I just wanted to get some wider reading done as it could give me a topic for my personal statement and to further highlight my interest in the course.
Southampton, hull, plymouth and leicster. These are unis that I'm currently considering but the research is ongoing. I was worried about an interview offer at kcl since my grades only meet the minimum requirements. I though that this might put me at a disadvantage.

They are not minimum requirements they are standard requirements. Unis have to be open about grade requirements, so if they want AAB they state AAB. If they wanted AAA, they would state AAA.
I do have volunteering and work experience. I just wanted to get some wider reading done as it could give me a topic for my personal statement and to further highlight my interest in the course.

[Edit - just realised that you had made both posts #2 & #3. I thought I was addressing different users :vroam:]

I can't recommend any reading as it's not my area, but you could look to see if there are any relevant MOOCs you could do:

https://www.mooc.org/
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 9

hello, you should check out kings and cardiff
Reply 10
Original post by normaw
[Edit - just realised that you had made both posts #2 & #3. I thought I was addressing different users :vroam:]

I can't recommend any reading as it's not my area, but you could look to see if there are any relevant MOOCs you could do:

hey, there is no topic that links to physio in moocs
Original post by normaw

Thank you.
Original post by divineany
hey, there is no topic that links to physio in moocs

I know, I checked several platforms that offer MOOCs. Could you maybe recommend any books or wider reading or any hot topics surrounding the field that i could read about.
Reply 13
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Physiotherapy for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Hi, im applying for physiotherapy, ive done like one online course, i was wondering if anyone had any good books or other articles I could read to use in my personal statement
Original post by Zeus0917
Hi, im applying for physiotherapy, ive done like one online course, i was wondering if anyone had any good books or other articles I could read to use in my personal statement

Hi, if you don't mind could you please tell me the online course you did as I'm currently looking for physio related wider reading to enhance my personal statement, but can't find anything.
Reply 15
Hi, if you don't mind could you please tell me the online course you did as I'm currently looking for physio related wider reading to enhance my personal statement, but can't find anything.

Hi sorry so the course isnt directly linked to physiotherapy but it would help to learn it. Its a course to learn the basics of anatomy. The course name is Introduction to Anatomy : Learning the anatomical alphabet.
The link is
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/introduction-to-anatomy?utm_campaign=Courses+feed&utm_medium=courses-feed&utm_source=courses-feed
If that doesnt work its a course on future learn by charles sturt university
Original post by Zeus0917
Hi sorry so the course isnt directly linked to physiotherapy but it would help to learn it. Its a course to learn the basics of anatomy. The course name is Introduction to Anatomy : Learning the anatomical alphabet.
The link is
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/introduction-to-anatomy?utm_campaign=Courses+feed&utm_medium=courses-feed&utm_source=courses-feed
If that doesnt work its a course on future learn by charles sturt university

Thank you so much.
Following thread as daughter interested in Physio
Reply 18
Hi, I am a oversea student from Hong Kong, and has been studying in UK for a year
I am pretty sure I would study physiotherapy, haven’t choose the uni yet though~
A level pre grades:
Math:A*
Chemistry:A
Biology:B
Physics:A
Ielts:7.5

Some of my related experience(Most were done back when I was in HK):
-Red cross physio assistant certificate course
-5 years as a St Johns Ambulance member
-AED&CPR and first aid course
-Some elderly related volunteering
-Participate in Chem and bio challenge, bronze in chem

Unfortunately, I cant really find a physiotheraist shadowing nor any NHS related experience
Does anyone have any recommendation for my uni choice?
Could I get any recommendations on how to prepare for interviews? Are there any particular topics that I should keep myself informed on? Any particular resources that I should check out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending