The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official University of Nottingham Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from University of Nottingham for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I’m taking A level Maths, Further maths, Physics and Computer Science. My offer from Nottingham is for the Bsc Computer Science with the grades AAA.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from University of Nottingham for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

I’ve got an offer from Nottingham for history, i already have my classics a-level and am sitting politics and history this year - having sat my history in one year! I’m from the IOM so it’s quite intimidating moving to uni so looking to meet some people who i may end up on a course with if i get the grades
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from University of Nottingham for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hey!! I just got an offer for Politics with International Relations, grades AAB! Is anyone else in social sciences?
Reply 4
Original post by rowan_willow

Hey!! I just got an offer for Politics with International Relations, grades AAB! Is anyone else in social sciences?

Omg! I got an offer for politics and international relations earlier! Where else did you apply?!
Original post by Avfcoouil
Omg! I got an offer for politics and international relations earlier! Where else did you apply?!

Oh wow hey!! I applied to Sussex, Greenwich, Westminster and Brighton, with Nottingham as my top choice! What about you?
Reply 6

Oh wow hey!! I applied to Sussex, Greenwich, Westminster and Brighton, with Nottingham as my top choice! What about you?

I applied to Leeds, Birmingham, Loughborough, Nottingham and Nottingham Trent with Leeds as my top choice!

Congrats! That’s great news. Is that a contextual offer? How long after submitting did the offer come through? Thanks

Congrats to you too. Waiting to hear from them but nothing yet. How long after submitting did you hear? What is the offer for you? Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1

Congrats to you too. Waiting to hear from them but nothing yet. How long after submitting did you hear? What is the offer for you? Thanks

I applied on 29 nov and got my offer on the 7th. I do the IB so my offer is 34 points which is just the standard offer that’s listed on the website. Hope you hear back soon! Is Nottingham your top choice?
I applied on 29 nov and got my offer on the 7th. I do the IB so my offer is 34 points which is just the standard offer that’s listed on the website. Hope you hear back soon! Is Nottingham your top choice?

Yes very keen on Notts. Application just gone in so managing my expectations
Reply 11

Yes very keen on Notts. Application just gone in so managing my expectations

Where else have you applied? Have you had any offers so far?
Where else have you applied? Have you had any offers so far?

Applied to Exeter and Bristol. Haven’t heard. You?
Congrats! That’s great news. Is that a contextual offer? How long after submitting did the offer come through? Thanks

Its contextual yes, as far as I am aware, Nottingham don't give out unconditional offers anymore. It took about a week and a half! I was so impatient though it felt longer lol
Its contextual yes, as far as I am aware, Nottingham don't give out unconditional offers anymore. It took about a week and a half! I was so impatient though it felt longer lol

The wait is the worst part!!

Nottingham stopped giving out unconditionals around 2019. There was a trend of offers known as “unconditional if firmed” before covid by some universities in an effort to compete for certain students & unconditional offers got a bad reputation as part of a ploy to incentivise students choosing universities for the wrong reasons. Simultaneously Nottinghams admissions data showed that as more unconditional offers increased students with unconditional offers performed weaker on A-levels.

Unconditional offers used to be a little reward for the ultra high performing students who were clearly going to achieve excellence regardless of offer, unfortunately universities then used this as a recruitment technique to bate students, and now decent universities have decided to stop using these offers as policy to avoid getting tangled up in this.
Reply 16
Original post by tinkereleanor
I’ve got an offer from Nottingham for history, i already have my classics a-level and am sitting politics and history this year - having sat my history in one year! I’m from the IOM so it’s quite intimidating moving to uni so looking to meet some people who i may end up on a course with if i get the grades

Hi, I’m also from the IOM! My offer from Nottingham is for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, I already have a Polish A level and am sitting psychology, biology and English Lit this year.
Original post by Juliana.K
Hi, I’m also from the IOM! My offer from Nottingham is for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, I already have a Polish A level and am sitting psychology, biology and English Lit this year.

Just curious, what is the “IOM” ?
Original post by mnot
Just curious, what is the “IOM” ?

Isle of Man :smile:
Original post by tinkereleanor
Isle of Man :smile:

Ahh nice, not too far then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending