The Student Room Group

Do Yorkshire puddings belong on a Christmas dinner?

Poll

Do Yorkshire puddings belong on a Christmas dinner?

It's (almost) Christmaaaaas! :claus:

But you can forget about the Grinch, the humble Yorkshire pudding seems to be growing into a new sort of festive anti-hero.

Some people (like me) love them on a Christmas dinner, while others absolutely hate them.

Which side are you on? Let's settle the debate :smile:

Christmas can be a difficult time for many people. If you need support- you are not alone- please reach out.
The following organisations may be able to help you:
www.samaritans.org
www.papyrus-uk.org
www.mind.org.uk
www.youngminds.org.uk
(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love Yorkshire Puddings, though they've got to be homemade, in my humble opinion :smile:. There's something about them that just makes them so good for a roast, no one could ever convince me otherwise haha :biggrin:
It's a hard yes from me too, but also agree the homemade Yorkshire pud is a must! :u:
Reply 3
It's the only time of year we have them.
We have this debate every year and every year the yes' slap the no's across the face and then we go eat Yorkshire puddings with out Christmas Dinner.
Small or large?
No, too many other special Christmas trimmings going on for it to be worth doing Yorkshire puddings!
My older sister would def agree they belong there! I'm a bit undecided. I'll of course eat them if they're there, but for me, they're not a 'must' per se :ninja:
Yes, absolutely, 100%. They are a must. No debate at all.
They absolutely do :awesome: :thumbsup:
My family disagree though so each year I get disappointed by the lack of them on my plate and the dinner table :frown: :sadnod:

@Pwca hey look its your favourite topic :colone:
(edited 4 months ago)
Oh I misread this as "do Christmas puddings belong with Christmas dinner" and voted no. Whoops...
Original post by Chronoscope
They absolutely do :awesome: :thumbsup:
My family disagree though so each year I get disappointed by the lack of them on my plate and the dinner table :frown: :sadnod:

@Pwca hey look its your favourite topic :colone:

Sneak some in the oven for yourself this year? :colone:
Original post by artful_lounger
Oh I misread this as "do Christmas puddings belong with Christmas dinner" and voted no. Whoops...

Would definitely be with you on that one! :K:

:lol: :rofl:
:giggle: oops
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by random_matt
Small or large?

Whatever you prefer!
Original post by Saracen's Fez
No, too many other special Christmas trimmings going on for it to be worth doing Yorkshire puddings!

Haha fair, what are your favourite trimmings?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
My older sister would def agree they belong there! I'm a bit undecided. I'll of course eat them if they're there, but for me, they're not a 'must' per se :ninja:

Haha so you wouldn't miss them if they weren't there?
Original post by RK
Yes, absolutely, 100%. They are a must. No debate at all.

Correct answer :shakehand:

Haha easy mistake to make, I don't like the sound of Christmas puddings with Christmas dinner either!
@Vic Vinegar : yeah I wouldn't mind/miss them if they weren't on my Christmas dinner plate. For me Christmas dinner isn't the same as a roast (partly because our Christmas dinner is half Sri Lankan, half British!). So while it has to be there for my roasts, it doesn't HAVE to be there for my Xmas dinnner :biggrin:
Yes!
Um of course they belong on the Christmas feast :yy: Love a Yorkshire Pudding :yum:

Original post by Vic Vinegar
It's (almost) Christmaaaaas! :claus:

But you can forget about the Grinch, the humble Yorkshire pudding seems to be growing into a new sort of festive anti-hero.

Some people (like me) love them on a Christmas dinner, while others absolutely hate them.

Which side are you on? Let's settle the debate :smile:

Have popped your thread into the christmas grotto forum, hope that's cool :yy:
They absolutely do!
Absolutely not! In fact there should be no Christmas dinner at all. :noway:

Quick Reply

Latest