The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Official University of Bath Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of Bath for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!!

Joining University Connect by TSR is another great way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you! The link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 4 days ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of Bath for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!!

Hi!

I received an offer for Modern Languages (French and Spanish) at the beginning of the month.

I study French, Spanish, Latin and English.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by peacefuldoe
Hi!

I received an offer for Modern Languages (French and Spanish) at the beginning of the month.

I study French, Spanish, Latin and English.

how is spanish going? i do aqa :smile: wbu?
how is spanish going? i do aqa :smile: wbu?

Oh cool, I do edexcel!

It’s good thanks, but I kinda dislike the film we’re studying (El laberinto del fauno).

Pretty sure my opinion is unpopular 😅 but I just dislike the ending. It’s very well-thought out though, and nice to analyse.

How are you finding it?
Original post by peacefuldoe
Oh cool, I do edexcel!

It’s good thanks, but I kinda dislike the film we’re studying (El laberinto del fauno).

Pretty sure my opinion is unpopular 😅 but I just dislike the ending. It’s very well-thought out though, and nice to analyse.

How are you finding it?

aah we study the same film!! im finding it okay thanks just the irp and speaking in general that i am not ready for :frown:
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of Bath for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!!

Hello, I got an offer for Mphys, and am doing maths, fm, physics and chem (as well as having finished EPQ)
Reply 6
Hi all.

Has anyone actually received an offer from Bath even though it’s early days?

I’ve got offers from three other Uni’s already but nothing from Bath at this stage…..
Yep, I got an offer for Mphys
My daughter got an offer for MMath today! A* AB including A* in maths and A in Further Maths.
Hello there everyone!

Just wanted to hop in here and say a huge congrats to all of you on your offers - this is a great achievement and you will all have worked hard for it, so give yourselves a pat on the back!

Just a few key things you might be interested in in the coming months…

Please watch your email inboxes for your invitation to an applicant visit day. These are different to open days as they are designed specifically for your course, where you can meet with other offer holders, current students and academics/lecturers from your course. It’s a great opportunity to get an insight into studying your course at Bath, get your questions answered and get a good feel for the department as well as the University as a whole. There are generally both virtual and in-person events available, so you can choose whichever works best for you.

This page from Save the Student is full of useful tips for preparing for university as well as various links to other pages such as budgeting tips, a what to bring checklist and fun recipes to make with baked beans!

Lastly, here’s a reminder of some the things you could get involved with besides your degree/placement if you were to choose Bath. In here is info about volunteering opportunities, societies, how you can get involved in arts, media and sports. There is definitely more to university than studying, and getting involved with an extracurricular or two is a great way to meet friends as well as get more enjoyment from your time at uni.

Please remember to look after yourselves in the coming months, and very best of luck with your next steps! Please post any more questions or chat on here, and also feel free to chat to our student ambassadors on Unibuddy we’re all here for you, just give us a shout 😊

All the best!

Holly
University of bath
Reply 10
Original post by Hadleygadd
Hi all.

Has anyone actually received an offer from Bath even though it’s early days?

I’ve got offers from three other Uni’s already but nothing from Bath at this stage…..

Subject?

hey i just got an offer for politics at Bath!
Anyone got offers for sport and exercise yet?
hiya, i got an offer for politics + international relations (currently doing philosophy, politics, art + i did an epq in yr 12)
Original post by zebrabooks
hiya, i got an offer for politics + international relations (currently doing philosophy, politics, art + i did an epq in yr 12)

When did you apply and when did your offer come through? This waiting is driving me crazy 😭😭
Original post by Anonymous #2
When did you apply and when did your offer come through? This waiting is driving me crazy 😭😭

umm i applied around october i think ? and got an offer 2 weeks ago - so a little wait. but ik someone who got an offer two days after applying, so honestly it's completely random. just be patient ig (such helpful advice right 😭) good luck tho 😁
Original post by zebrabooks
umm i applied around october i think ? and got an offer 2 weeks ago - so a little wait. but ik someone who got an offer two days after applying, so honestly it's completely random. just be patient ig (such helpful advice right 😭) good luck tho 😁

Thanks! No one else at my school applied to bath so I have no one else to compare to haha
Reply 17
Original post by garlicBread1
Thanks! No one else at my school applied to bath so I have no one else to compare to haha

What subject have you applied for?
Original post by McGinger
What subject have you applied for?

Sport and exercise science
I haven’t heard seen anything about offers for it yet so just waiting 🤞
Reply 19
Original post by garlicBread1
Sport and exercise science
I haven’t heard seen anything about offers for it yet so just waiting 🤞

Some offers will already have been made, the bulk probably wont be made until after the end of January.
Don't worry, this is totally normal for all top Unis.

Quick Reply

Latest