The Student Room Group

Can I change my course at clearing?

Hi, I’ve sent my application for UCAS to do midwifery, I don’t have much hopes I will get onto the course, as it is very competitive and I probably don’t have the best grades compared to others. If I did end up getting declined by all my 5 options, does anyone know if I could go through clearing to do Nursing instead as it is not as competitive as midwifery, or even change to a completely different course like education.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi, I’ve sent my application for UCAS to do midwifery, I don’t have much hopes I will get onto the course, as it is very competitive and I probably don’t have the best grades compared to others. If I did end up getting declined by all my 5 options, does anyone know if I could go through clearing to do Nursing instead as it is not as competitive as midwifery, or even change to a completely different course like education.
Original post by catherine4285

Hi, my friend actually did this. They just wanted to know why she changed. She’s now a registered nurse x
You can apply for any subject that is available in clearing so long as you meet whatever requirements they're asking for. If a new personal statment is needed, they'll ask for one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending