The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Offer Holders 2024

Hi everyone! I thought it was about time we make an offer holders thread so we can discuss our courses/colleges/funding!

I currently hold an offer for a DPhil in Modern Languages but am anxiously awaiting funding news. What stage is everyone else at?

Scroll to see replies

Offer holder for DPhil in Computer Science. No news on funding yet! Thanks for creating this thread!! Any idea when do we hear about funding?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hey everyone, well done on your offers! I got an offer for Mst English and American Studies this week, no news on funding yet either. They said it would be 8-10 weeks for college allocation and funding news to arrive, but they said that about the initial offer decision too and I got mine 6 weeks after the deadline. I'm hoping it comes sooner rather than later because I won't be able to attend without funding, I'm sure there's lots of people in the same boat. I've been trying to do some research on how quickly college allocation actually takes for graduate students, but unfortunately I haven't had any luck. Anyway, I'm trying to remain positive regardless of what happens, it's such an achievement to have gotten an offer anyway, and I'm sure we are all applying to other great universities where we might have more luck with funding.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Offer holder for DPhil in Computer Science. No news on funding yet! Thanks for creating this thread!! Any idea when do we hear about funding?
No worries! And congrats! I've heard so many different time scales unfortunately. Some people seem to get offered funding with their offer (or a couple days later), for others it can take weeks. It looks like the majority of it is sorted out by mid April but I can't say 100%
Hi to both of you! Thanks for the information annaszh! Even I'm in the same boat regarding funding. My offer stated that at this point no funding can be offered which is also the case for 4 others (and we all have stellar profiles as evaluated by us against each other) who got the offers. Now the point is, apart from self funding and loans, what are the other options that we all can find? Do you have any idea?
Reply 5
Hi to both of you! Thanks for the information annaszh! Even I'm in the same boat regarding funding. My offer stated that at this point no funding can be offered which is also the case for 4 others (and we all have stellar profiles as evaluated by us against each other) who got the offers. Now the point is, apart from self funding and loans, what are the other options that we all can find? Do you have any idea?
I know for my field it's incredibly difficult to find external funding. I guess it's just about googling, seeing if there's anything from your home country/government funding and just praying you stumble across something if the Oxford funding doesn't work out. Not ideal!
Yes absolutely 💯
Funding should be standard for meritorious offer holders just like in the US. But this is completely different.
Hi! I got an offer for a master’s in Modern Languages as well! Were you interviewed for Ertegun, by chance?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Sheriza Ali
Hi! I got an offer for a master’s in Modern Languages as well! Were you interviewed for Ertegun, by chance?
Congratulations! No I wasn't, but I believe Ertegun tends to favour masters. When did you get your offer? :smile:
Original post by annaszh
Congratulations! No I wasn't, but I believe Ertegun tends to favour masters. When did you get your offer? :smile:
Got my offer on the 21st in the morning! Was confirmed as a nominee for Ertegun last week Friday!
Hey, welcome, well done on your offer! What are your research/study interests? Since I'm doing English and American literature, mine is 19th century American literature, particularly Herman Melville from a philosophical angle.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hey, welcome, well done on your offer! What are your research/study interests? Since I'm doing English and American literature, mine is 19th century American literature, particularly Herman Melville from a philosophical angle.
Hi! My research involves comparative literature—more specifically, border narratives and representation of liminal spaces in the literatures of the Caribbean region and Latin America. I love Melville, btw!
Reply 12
Hi to all—Thanks for creating this space. I received a conditional offer last Thursday (Feb 22) for the MSt Film Aesthetics program seven weeks after submitting my application. I'm thrilled but concerned about funding. I applied to every funding opportunity I was eligible for, including the Clarendon and the Ertegun (US candidate currently at Columbia Uni). Good luck to everyone! 🍀
Hi! My research involves comparative literature—more specifically, border narratives and representation of liminal spaces in the literatures of the Caribbean region and Latin America. I love Melville, btw!
What an interesting area of research, no wonder you got accepted!
Original post by offtrack_
Hi to all—Thanks for creating this space. I received a conditional offer last Thursday (Feb 22) for the MSt Film Aesthetics program seven weeks after submitting my application. I'm thrilled but concerned about funding. I applied to every funding opportunity I was eligible for, including the Clarendon and the Ertegun (US candidate currently at Columbia Uni). Good luck to everyone! 🍀
Hey! Yeah, the wait for funding is pretty anxiety inducing. Let's keep each other posted for updates
Reply 15
Hey, When did you receive the mail for acceptance? I had my interview at the end of Jan and still, and I haven't heard anything from the admission team yet.
Reply 16
When did you receive an acceptance email for Dphil in Computer Science? I am still waiting for the outcome.
Where are you guys at with college placements? No offer yet? Anyone heard back from Trinity or Merton by chance? I haven’t gotten a college offer as yet but I only got accepted 6 days ago, so lol.
Reply 18
Where are you guys at with college placements? No offer yet? Anyone heard back from Trinity or Merton by chance? I haven’t gotten a college offer as yet but I only got accepted 6 days ago, so lol.
Same here! Still waiting. I know it can take a long time though.
Original post by jayani23
When did you receive an acceptance email for Dphil in Computer Science? I am still waiting for the outcome.

I received it last week. Are you an international student as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending