The Student Room Group

Girlfriend going through liked videos

Me and my girlfriend have been together for just over 2 years. Earlier today she realised that my TikTok liked videos were public and then proceeded to look through all the videos looking for anything “bad” without my knowledge.

Well, she ended up sending me a some joke TikTok’s, one with the caption “Me trying to hold in my nut when the camera man switches to the guy's balls and *******” and another joke video with the caption “me: on the way to visit her mom (that’s the only reason why i am with her)” with a jacked guy walking around. Yes I know they’re silly but these videos were liked just under 2 years ago and obviously funny videos, bearing in mind I had barely even met her mum at the time and that the video was a very obvious joke. Lastly there was one more video of Winona Rider and the caption “Hi, I am your new teacher” which I had liked. I know I would have never liked this video on purpose and I explained this to her. She didn’t believe me about that and got really upset with me. She also really didn’t like and was not happy at all with the previous TikTok’s I mentioned either. Lastly she found one more video of a woman on a beach talking about how to feel balls during blowjobs. This, although the video not intended as a joke, was obviously a funny video and would for no reason had liked it for serious intent or I would have frankly made this video obvious to her at the time somehow. Because I knew she was looking through my TikTok’s I set them to private, not to hide anything “bad” at all but to save embarrassment from my past self and I explained this to her and that I didn’t like her looking through TikTok’s I liked nearly 2 years ago. This made it even worse. I had explained everything, the obvious jokes, the accidental like to the Winona Rider picture, the “ball video” and the reason I made my likes private. She ended up not speaking to me for the rest of the day and eventually came back to me saying how upset she was.

This is not the first instance of behaviour like this as well. I once left my room to make her to make her some food, I returned to upset after going through the my YouTube video history and finding a single cheerleader video which I had watched a fraction of the start of. Bare in mind there was nothing else that could be considered “bad” in any way there and had barely watched a fraction of the video.

She has also stated, in a polite way, that she feels jealous when I spend time or have fun with my friends. This was a while ago and I am not sure how prominent of an issue it is now but I thought it might be something to mention.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Reply 1
Also I would like to add that not speaking for the rest of the day is a big deal as we usually are messaging back and forth with replies every 10-20 minutes and she was very upset with me.
Short answer = she's got problems

There's no trust and she's literally looking for something to get upset about, you shouldn't expect someone to defend and justify everything they watch/read, what sort of life is that going forward? demanding to know why someone watched a video 2 years ago is just preposterous.

Would it be a safe guess she goes through your phone as well? she obv doesn't trust you or have any issue raking through your things, this all indicates massive level of insecurity if they're seeing problems everywhere and actively seeking them out :/
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
Short answer = she's got problems
There's no trust and she's literally looking for something to get upset about, you shouldn't expect someone to defend and justify everything they watch/read, what sort of life is that going forward? demanding to know why someone watched a video 2 years ago is just preposterous.
Would it be a safe guess she goes through your phone as well? she obv doesn't trust you or have any issue raking through your things, this all indicates massive level of insecurity if they're seeing problems everywhere and actively seeking them out :/

Thank you for this, I wanted to know that I wasn’t going crazy. She doesn’t go through my phone (to my knowledge) but I will definitely have to talk about this to her. Thank you.
You need to set some boundaries. While I understand the Tiktok content was previously public, the YouTube history was not. If my girlfriend did this I'd have considered that a violation of my privacy.

She doesn't trust you for whatever reason. It'd be a good idea to try and get to the bottom of why that is and how you can fix this together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending