The Student Room Group

Cambridge Trust Scholarship

Any international students who applied for this scholarship got a response?

Scroll to see replies

undergraduate or postgraduate?
I applied for the ug award, no news since my application in February
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
undergraduate or postgraduate?
I applied for the ug award, no news since my application in February
undergraduate. same. i remember the administrator saying that the result will be out by mid-march
Original post by smmcc_001
undergraduate. same. i remember the administrator saying that the result will be out by mid-march

would you mind sharing which college?
my college told me nothing about the timeline and I seem to rmb the trust's website says offers can come between march - August
Reply 4
would you mind sharing which college?
my college told me nothing about the timeline and I seem to rmb the trust's website says offers can come between march - August
It's Lucy. The exact word is "updates on your application in early-mid March". Which college have you got an offer from?
Original post by smmcc_001
It's Lucy. The exact word is "updates on your application in early-mid March". Which college have you got an offer from?
one of the mature colleges
do share an update when you hear back! :smile:
Got rejected and know of someone else who got rejected and someone who got accepted.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Got rejected and know of someone else who got rejected and someone who got accepted.

The trust doesn't inform about rejections, so how do you know if you were rejected?
Original post by thegoldensnitch
The trust doesn't inform about rejections, so how do you know if you were rejected?

While they say they don’t your college in most cases will inform you
While they say they don’t your college in most cases will inform you

Is it okay to reach out to the college in that case? Did you ask them? I'm a bit hesitant to ask
Is it okay to reach out to the college in that case? Did you ask them? I'm a bit hesitant to ask

I would suggest waiting a bit more as the results are coming out around now, some got it only today so your college may have not finalized their decisions yet.
I would suggest waiting a bit more as the results are coming out around now, some got it only today so your college may have not finalized their decisions yet.

Alright! Anyways, I hope you receive some other source of funding like the college specific ones not associated with the trust. And I hope you're doing okay.
Do you know their stats and if they got the fully funding places or got offered a partial award?
I got rejected too ☹️
Do you know their stats and if they got the fully funding places or got offered a partial award?
I got rejected too ☹️
I am afraid I don’t know the exact stats for others but I myself was pooled so probably not too high on academic merit side. The person who I know got it got a full award though.
I am afraid I don’t know the exact stats for others but I myself was pooled so probably not too high on academic merit side. The person who I know got it got a full award though.

what is their nationality?
i hope we both find something else!

The Trust doesnt offer any full scholarship for undergrad. Did the person you mentioned applied for a postgrad course? Thanks
Guys do check your spam folders!

I received an email from the Trust on Thursday.
Thank you everyone for being so incredibly kind and helpful. I truly hope you all hear back soon. Sending positive vibes all the way ✨️
Guys do check your spam folders!
I received an email from the Trust on Thursday.
Thank you everyone for being so incredibly kind and helpful. I truly hope you all hear back soon. Sending positive vibes all the way ✨️

i checked my spam folder, nothing from the Trust directly ☹️
i did receive an email from the college about the unsuccessful outcome though.
i would hope that they'd at least provide some feedback...
Original post by Anonymous #3
The Trust doesnt offer any full scholarship for undergrad. Did the person you mentioned applied for a postgrad course? Thanks

The trust offers 5 full scholarships for international students to read an undergraduate degree this year. supposedly your college would sent you an email after your admission offer regarding your eligibility
Original post by Anonymous
The trust offers 5 full scholarships for international students to read an undergraduate degree this year. supposedly your college would sent you an email after your admission offer regarding your eligibility

I believe what you mentioned there was the rowan williams studentship, not the regualr cambridge international and commonwealth scholarship that I along with most undergraduates applied for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending