The Student Room Group

Received all offers from university

Received all my offers from uni and would like some help. I’m passionate about aerospace engineering but I feel like getting a degree from kings college will benefit more. Which one shall I choose, thanks.

Kings College London - General Engineering
University Of Bristol - Engineering Mathematics
Queen Mary UOL - Aerospace Engineering
City UOL - Aerospace Engineering
University of Surrey - Aerospace Engineering
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 1
For an Engineering degree unless you went to Oxbridge or Imperial it makes no difference to an employer. What is of importance is the grade you achieved in your degree and whether you have any practical experience. Take the degree that will lead to the career you want and if that includes a placement year all the better.
Original post by Abdullah05!
Hi! I’ve received all my offers from uni and would like some help. I’m passionate about aerospace engineering but I feel like getting a degree from kings college will benefit more. Which one shall I choose? Thanks!

What is it about Kings that you feel will benefit you more than the other universities you have listed?
Reply 3
Original post by Smack
What is it about Kings that you feel will benefit you more than the other universities you have listed?

The fact it’s from kings college mostly 😅
Reply 4
kings general engineering is not accredited have you checked that
Reply 5
Original post by Saaruuu
kings general engineering is not accredited have you checked that

Yes I noticed that upon applying. How will this affect upon completing my degree?
Hi! I’ve received all my offers from uni and would like some help. I’m passionate about aerospace engineering but I feel like getting a degree from kings college will benefit more. Which one shall I choose? Thanks!

Hi there!

If you're passionate about aerospace engineering, I recommend you study aerospace engineering.

Feel free to look at Surrey's course page and read about the accreditation you'll get from studying here. Placements are also Surrey's strong point, and you will most definitely be able to benefit from that; there are also always great employability events going on that you can learn a lot from.

As the location you're based in often influences how well you do academically, you can visit our student life page to read more about studying in Guildford and our Stag Hill campus.

I hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Reply 7
Yes I noticed that upon applying. How will this affect upon completing my degree?

Don't do an unaccredited course.

bro trust me don’t got to university of Bristol, iv seen what the building like inside and people aren’t really nice, I’m young but my relative been there and hated it and went to another university which is king college London
Reply 9

it will hurt you on the long run incase you want to work elsewhere or tbh even in uk , companys care a lot about the accreditation more than the institution incase of engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending