The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Rejection unfair in my opinion

Backstory: Last year I was at the University of Cambridge doing Engineering, did not enjoy it so I left and have been off for a year reconsidering what to do.
I achieved A*A*A*A and decided to pursue Economics. I applied for the University of Manchester, who require AAA, and they have rejected me for a weak personal statement, when it is not. I got it checked by the person I applied to Cambridge with.
Surely, even if it is a weak statement, the grades should have got me a place? Is it worth calling and asking for reconsideration as I really want to go there.
maybe the statement just wasn't it? how about you call them and ask if you could write them a new one? cheers xx
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
You can't demand that they reconsider you - but you can ask for feedback on why they rejected you.
Reply 3
I just got rejected for that exact same course at that exact same uni with that exact same reasoning as to why they rejected me.

My grades arent as good as yours though so maybe theyre just rejecting everybody this year looool.
Reply 4
Original post by 17bnzzz
I just got rejected for that exact same course at that exact same uni with that exact same reasoning as to why they rejected me.
My grades arent as good as yours though so maybe theyre just rejecting everybody this year looool.

i don't know bro, its so annoying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending