The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
COG
OP
Widowmaker
I thought the What if? programs and Should I worry about...... programs on the beeb were very informative. I liked those but less of Passport to paradise - Johnny and denise style entertainment shows! they really insult the country's intelligence, even though it generallly is probably quite low when The Sun and The daily star are the best selling newspapers.

I also like puzzle shows such as the crystal maze as they are more interactive. I also hate My Hero. Hope that helps.

What about Reality T.V shows????
Tinykates
I don't watch any soaps, try not to generalise darling.

But it has been known that those who complain about football watch every soap under the sun. You don't watch soaps no? What were those references to Eastenders' characters in the UKL celebrities page about then? :tongue:
Reply 22
Tinykates
no :mad:
get sky sports

I've got it :rolleyes:
Reply 23
NDGAARONDI
Funny how people say that about football. Yet, those who complain about too much football on TV watch every soap under the f****** sun. Too many soaps.

I couldn't agree more..
Reply 24
NDGAARONDI
But it has been known that those who complain about football watch every soap under the sun. You don't watch soaps no? What were those references to Eastenders' characters in the UKL celebrities page about then? :tongue:

I did media studies A Level. Eastenders was the soap I studied :smile:
Tinykates
I did media studies A Level. Eastenders was the soap I studied :smile:

I'll let you off then, though I'm sure you had a choice :biggrin:
Reply 26
Tinykates
good sitcoms. less repeats, blue peter taken off air :eek:

Nooo, Blue Peter rules!
Reply 27
NDGAARONDI
I'll let you off then, though I'm sure you had a choice :biggrin:

Yeh we did - Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks. I did Eastenders and Hollyoaks.
Reply 28
Mad Caddie
Nooo, Blue Peter rules!

...oh dear!
Reply 29
A Neighbours omnibus and more Home and Away episodes! :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 30
theaman
A Neighbours omnibus and more Home and Away episodes! :tongue: :biggrin:

Neighbours has passed its sell by date, the sooner off the air its taken, the better.

Home and Away..who watches THAT?
Reply 31
Tinykates
...oh dear!

What could be more entertaining then Konnie talking through her teeth, Matt making a pratt of himself, Simon always doing the "macho" thing whilst being so obviously gay, and Liz with her strange fringe and funny eyes.
Reply 32
Mad Caddie
Neighbours has passed its sell by date, the sooner off the air its taken, the better.

I and lots of other people!!!!! :biggrin:

As for Neighbours - it will pick up again! :biggrin:
Reply 33
Get rid of:
Garden and House design programmes
Reality TV shows
Home and Away
Antique shows
Mad Caddie

Ummm. But Sally and Gypsy are........:biggrin:
Reply 35
Mad Caddie
What could be more entertaining then Konnie talking through her teeth, Matt making a pratt of himself, Simon always doing the "macho" thing whilst being so obviously gay, and Liz with her strange fringe and funny eyes.

that's the worst one LIZ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Simon is fit tho :biggrin:
Tinykates
Yeh we did - Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks. I did Eastenders and Hollyoaks.

Now you're saying you did Hollyoaks. Could you not choose a soap?
Reply 37
Misbah Imtiaz
Get rid of:
Garden and House design programmes
Reality TV shows
Home and Away
Antique shows

Garden and House design programmes, and Antiques shows being taken off air would mean the end of BBC 2.

Reality shows off air would mean the end of ITV and Channel 4.

Home and Away being gotten rid of would mean nobody would watch Channel 5. Eventually it would go bankrupt and gotten rid of, and no more Channel 5.

Then you would only be left with BBC 1, unless you had digital, would you complain then?
Reply 38
NDGAARONDI
Ummm. But Sally and Gypsy are........:biggrin:

Lesbian? Oh the scandal...
Reply 39
NDGAARONDI
Now you're saying you did Hollyoaks. Could you not choose a soap?

Do you want a copy of the syllabus or something? The exam had 3 sections:
1) British Soap Opera
2) Magazines
3) Genre

We studied 4 of the soap operas in lessons - those are the one most people wanted to do, so they are the 4 we lloked at, We also looked at hybrids such as Caualty, Holby City and The Bill. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending