The Student Room Group
Reply 1
what is it?

just like one of them NUS type card things for getting into the cinema cheap?
technik
what is it?

just like one of them NUS type card things for getting into the cinema cheap?

sort of. i think you get info on university.
Reply 3
Widowmaker
sort of. i think you get info on university.

Well with an incentive (insentive? hmm..) like that who wouldn't want one?!
when you're applying for it, at the bottom of the page, can you receive information via e-mail and via post or only one method?
anyone?
Widowmaker
anyone?

I've applied for an Associate Card (I go to a school sixth form, and only colleges can be members of the NUS and get you a proper card) and I don't know what you're on about!

For those that don't know much about it, it's just to show you're a student so you can get a student discount anywhere that offers one.
Reply 7
The ucas card is useless. All it does is give you a code so that it fills in the personal info section of your ucas form in for you (if you do your ucas form electronically). But, really, how difficult is it to write your date of birth. I also got a rather depressing magazine on the day before results day which pretty much assumed that it's readers wouldn't have got their grades. About 3/4 of it was on clearing and other options. And I think everyone who applied to uni got it anyway. So get the ucas card if you want it, but don't expect anything from it.
Reply 8
Widowmaker
when you're applying for it, at the bottom of the page, can you receive information via e-mail and via post or only one method?

no idea. i got mine through my school. it doesn't really matter as you don't get any info. (or at least I didn't last year).
When you're applying for it, you put in the subjects you're interested in and every so often universities will send you course information.

More importantly however, you get 10% off at topshop.

Latest

Trending

Trending