The Student Room Group

Metanoia Institute

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience of psychotherapy training at Metanoia Institute?

I've always thought of it as the top place to go in London and have been planning on applying. But I happened to look it up on Glassdoor today and reading the overwhelmingly negative reviews (talk of bullying, mocking, toxicity etc.) has me thinking twice.

I'd appreciate any feedback from people who know the institute.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Jade199
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience of psychotherapy training at Metanoia Institute?

I've always thought of it as the top place to go in London and have been planning on applying. But I happened to look it up on Glassdoor today and reading the overwhelmingly negative reviews (talk of bullying, mocking, toxicity etc.) has me thinking twice.

Thanks

Hey, current Metanoia student here!
I'm currently training as a PCE-CfD Counsellor at Metanoia (graduating 2025) and I believe I saw those negative Glassdoor reviews too before starting. However, my experience at Metanoia is the opposite - I find the staff, lecturers and importantly my peers extremely supportive and kind. The current cohort is lovely - we are all quite close with one another, and I've made some really strong friendships with most of them. Happy to vouch for Metanoia and its comfortable couches!
Reply 2
Original post by DRSandhu
Hey, current Metanoia student here!
I'm currently training as a PCE-CfD Counsellor at Metanoia (graduating 2025) and I believe I saw those negative Glassdoor reviews too before starting. However, my experience at Metanoia is the opposite - I find the staff, lecturers and importantly my peers extremely supportive and kind. The current cohort is lovely - we are all quite close with one another, and I've made some really strong friendships with most of them. Happy to vouch for Metanoia and its comfortable couches!

Hi, this is great, thank you for the feedback. Would you mind if I messaged you? If not no worries, I appreciate the opinion you shared as is 🙂
Reply 3
Hi, I have done some counselling training at other institutions and the quality of teaching at Metanoia eclipses it all by far. Everyone is friendly, helpful and the learning on offer is exceptionally high. I would highly recommend! Best choice I've ever made :-)
Reply 4
Original post by JoPellet
Hi, I have done some counselling training at other institutions and the quality of teaching at Metanoia eclipses it all by far. Everyone is friendly, helpful and the learning on offer is exceptionally high. I would highly recommend! Best choice I've ever made :-)

Hi JoPellet,

May I ask how long you've been there? Did you begin before the most recent change of director?

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by Jade199
Hi, this is great, thank you for the feedback. Would you mind if I messaged you? If not no worries, I appreciate the opinion you shared as is 🙂

Yes of course, no problem.
Reply 6
Original post by Jade199
Hi JoPellet,

May I ask how long you've been there? Did you begin before the most recent change of director?

Thanks!

Hi, I've been here since Sept 2022 x
Hmm... Personally, I'd be sceptical about the opinions of two first time posters who just happened to have joined today...
Reply 8
Original post by Jade199
Hello all,

Thanks

Hi, I'm a student at Metanoia studying the PCE-CfD course and I have found everyone at Metanoia to be incredibly supportive and helpful. The quality of teaching is very high and would recommend to anyone interested in taking the counselling training route.
And now there's a third one joined today! Who'd have thought that could happen...
Reply 10
Original post by ageshallnot
Hmm... Personally, I'd be sceptical about the opinions of two first time posters who just happened to have joined today...

Yes, joined today as our cohort was made aware of the comment today. So I felt compelled to come and respond to it. Happy to discuss further / prove I’m a student if that eases your mind.
Yes, joined today as our cohort was made aware of the comment today. So I felt compelled to come and respond to it. Happy to discuss further / prove I’m a student if that eases your mind.

Thanks for confirming that the wave of support for your institution wasn't spontaneous.

I leave it to the OP to make their own mind up about whether to apply.
Reply 12
Thanks for confirming that the wave of support for your institution wasn't spontaneous.

I leave it to the OP to make their own mind up about whether to apply.

Ha, funny isn't it
Original post by gjd800
Ha, funny isn't it

Yep! 😆
Reply 14

When you say your cohort was made aware of the comment do you mean Metanoia made you aware? Did the institute encourage students to reply to this post?
Reply 15
Yep! 😆

It does make it tricky! I was really shocked by the glassdoor comments, toxic environment etc., the exact opposite of what you'd expect and need from a therapy training programme. The courses are all so incredibly expensive across all providers that it's a very tough call.
I'd be worried about an institute that asks its students to respond to a concerned post. I'd be more impressed if they admitted there was a problem, communicated about it, and showed what they'd done to change things.
Original post by Jade199
It does make it tricky! I was really shocked by the glassdoor comments, toxic environment etc., the exact opposite of what you'd expect and need from a therapy training programme. The courses are all so incredibly expensive across all providers that it's a very tough call.
I'd be worried about an institute that asks its students to respond to a concerned post. I'd be more impressed if they admitted there was a problem, communicated about it, and showed what they'd done to change things.

I believe that you're on the right lines...
Reply 17
And now there's a third one joined today! Who'd have thought that could happen...

This was brought to my attention but by no means was I told to reply, I just dont agree with misrepresentation and have had a very different experience so feel important to share that.
Reply 18
Original post by Jade199

I can't speak for what it's like for people working at Metanoia. I was lucky to have secured a place on the funded training programme, but understand that it's a big decision (also financially) so not to be taken lightly. I also see your point about wanting Metanoia to respond to the allegations of bullying, but simply can't speak on that as my experience is only as a student. Happy to answer any questions related to what it's like studying there, feel free to DM me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending