The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Faboba
At least Mr Stabby doesn't wear Burberry and take an active interest in Northern Irish politics.

I'm lost?
Reply 241
juliette
I'm lost?

Glaswegian neds often wear burberry caps. And the biggest cause of fights in Glasgow is whether you support Rangers or Celtic. This conflict has a lot of link to the whole Protestant/Catholic thing, hence the N. Ireland reference :biggrin:
Reply 242
Acaila
Glaswegian neds often wear burberry caps. And the biggest cause of fights in Glasgow is whether you support Rangers or Celtic. This conflict has a lot of link to the whole Protestant/Catholic thing, hence the N. Ireland reference :biggrin:

Ahhhhh... Thanks!!! :smile:
Reply 243
Anytime! :biggrin:

{waits for shiny to start hawking "Scots For Dummies" to the population of UKL so our explanations are redundant} :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 244
According to my bf a lot of the bars in town are closed today because "there is a big pikey wedding and they are going to be celebrating". I don't believe him. Reports from town would be welcome :biggrin:
Reply 245
They have neds in Cambridge (pikeys)! I thought I would get away from all that :frown:
blissy
According to my bf a lot of the bars in town are closed today because "there is a big pikey wedding and they are going to be celebrating". I don't believe him. Reports from town would be welcome :biggrin:

God Blissy, your turning into such a snob theses days :rolleyes:

Cambridge has ‘warped your fragile little mind.’ Eric Cartman

Your rather frisky too :tongue:
Reply 247
Acaila
They have neds in Cambridge (pikeys)! I thought I would get away from all that :frown:

Oh no, he means proper travellers, gypsies or whatever we're supposed to be calling them now.
Reply 248
I should have guessed. Neds don't get married. They just get pregnant to get a free council house :rolleyes:
Acaila

Haven't you heard? All the undesirables go to Cambridge...

(And yes, I know I'll be there next year!)
Reply 250
BazTheMoney
(And yes, I know I'll be there next year!)

Says it all really :biggrin: So where are you going and what are you doing? :smile:
Reply 251
Well, I haven't heard anything about the pubs being closed, but I have only left my room twice today since arriving at about 4. Don't care anyway, as I'm only going to go to the college bar, and I know that's not closed.

And yes Baz, I am highly, highly undesirable, as much as all the people at Oxford are mingers, as you said yourself :tongue:
Acaila
Says it all really :biggrin: So where are you going and what are you doing? :smile:

I'll be drinking port and reading the Financial Times in the MCR. Otherwise known as Mphil Economics.

And Oxford girls ming... I don't feel any guilt in saying that, it's the truth - and the presentable people in the prospectus, they must all go to Oxford Brookes.
Reply 253
BazTheMoney
And Oxford girls ming... I don't feel any guilt in saying that, it's the truth - and the presentable people in the prospectus, they must all go to Oxford Brookes.

There are some very nice Cambridge men, some even "perfect son-in-law material for parents" to quote a friend. However, all seem to be taken. Can't comment on the girls - Alaric? Foolfarian?
Reply 254
Acaila
Anytime! :biggrin:

{waits for shiny to start hawking "Scots For Dummies" to the population of UKL so our explanations are redundant} :rolleyes: :biggrin:

You know someone is going to have to teach me about being a Scot because I am fairly clueless (except for the blue face paint, skirts and the fact that Mel Gibson is your national hero :smile: ).
Reply 255
shiny
You know someone is going to have to teach me about being a Scot because I am fairly clueless (except for the blue face paint, skirts and the fact that Mel Gibson is your national hero :smile: ).

Actually the people that wear the skirts fall into three categories;

1; Old chaps and other officials at ceremonies such as Burns ngiht, Caileighs or the Scouts if they feel particularly hairy kneed.

2; People from the north. Highlanders, obviously, but also a good number of the farmers in Aberdeenshire and around Inverness. Apparently they ( the farmers ) have switched from hard drinking to heroin in recent years though, so it's fair to question their sanity.

3; Tits. As an example the tit I saw the other day who was wearing a 'plain black kilt' ( aka a pleated skirt ) as part of a goth ensemble. I have no problem with transvestites; I just wish they wouldn't pretend to be being Scottish when they're doing it. A non-Tartan kilt is quite simply a skirt, end of discussion.

The blue face paint thing is accurate though, but they're called the tartan army ( national football team supporters ).
Reply 256
Acaila

I thought pikeys were gypsies? Nothing wrong with gypsies; in my experience they tend to be hot and have fife accents so if that's the Cantabrian equivalent of the great unwashed I say bring it on!

Acaila
I should have guessed. Neds don't get married. They just get pregnant to get a free council house :rolleyes:

You've got to hand it to them though - some ned benefit frauds are curiously imaginative. Many have turned tricking the dole office into a viable career.

BazTheMoney

I didn't see many at my interview but there were a lot of hotties at the open day I went to in March.
Reply 257
Faboba

The blue face paint thing is accurate though, but they're called the tartan army ( national football team supporters ).

Ohhh ... football supporter ... I would be good at that! :biggrin:
Reply 258
Faboba
I didn't see many at my interview but there were a lot of hotties at the open day I went to in March.

Please don't call girls "hotties." I hate that word almost as much as the word "birds."
Reply 259
Faboba

2; People from the north. Highlanders, obviously, but also a good number of the farmers in Aberdeenshire and around Inverness. Apparently they ( the farmers ) have switched from hard drinking to heroin in recent years though, so it's fair to question their sanity.

{coughs pointedly}
Yes, we also tame wild haggis up here :P

Latest

Trending

Trending