The Student Room Group
Ya they deserve to Be world Champions
Reply 2
Scorpion_Cool
Ya they deserve to Be world Champions

I would think Australia have a good chance - everytime they play England they wipe the floor with them!
Reply 3
ferraolucio
Does the Austrialian Cricket team really deserve to be the world Champions or are they very much aggressive. Also which other country deserves to win against them.

The austrialians are just having a great time at home and later when they tour out of their country things might change a bit for them.

Yes, they do. They are aggressive, although I do not see why that would constitute criticism-so what? Them being aggressive counts in their favour.

Although, ohh yeahhh it was great to see India compete so well against them in the test series. It was such a fascinating contest in so many ways, loved (almost) every minute of it! Thankfully, now they'll be without Waugh, and maybe soon hereafter without Mcgrath and Warne, I think other teams may get more of a 'look in' then.

There's no dispute, I am a passionate supporter of the Indian team, yet Aus. are the best. Their level of confidence in their ability, the batting, particularly the fielding, and also the bowling despite the notable absences was very consistent throughout.
Reply 4
J.S.
Yes, they do. They are aggressive, although I do not see why that would constitute criticism-so what? Them being aggressive counts in their favour.

Although, ohh yeahhh it was great to see India compete so well against them in the test series. It was such a fascinating contest in so many ways, loved (almost) every minute of it! Thankfully, now they'll be without Waugh, and maybe soon hereafter without Mcgrath and Warne, I think other teams may get more of a 'look in' then.

There's no dispute, I am a passionate supporter of the Indian team, yet Aus. are the best. Their level of confidence in their ability, the batting, particularly the fielding, and also the bowling despite the notable absences was very consistent throughout.

yes india did compete well in the test series, but i was completely stumped as to why the aussies prepared dead pitches throughout the series, they knew full well the batsman friendly pitches would suit the indians and yet they prepared pitches like the ones at adelaide which was especially disgraceful. This coupled with the amount of aussie injuries to their best bowlers i think explains indias temporary good show. The indians were put back in their place in the one dayers though and i especially enjoyed them duck and weave the pace of brett lee in perth, thats the type of pitches that should hav been prepared for these indians. Despite these negative comments i do believe that the indians played much better than expected ... and should they have the balls to come to pakistan and not pussy out of it again then i think it will be a cracking series
Reply 5
HasanB
yes india did compete well in the test series, but i was completely stumped as to why the aussies prepared dead pitches throughout the series, they knew full well the batsman friendly pitches would suit the indians and yet they prepared pitches like the ones at adelaide which was especially disgraceful. This coupled with the amount of aussie injuries to their best bowlers i think explains indias temporary good show. The indians were put back in their place in the one dayers though and i especially enjoyed them duck and weave the pace of brett lee in perth, thats the type of pitches that should hav been prepared for these indians. Despite these negative comments i do believe that the indians played much better than expected ... and should they have the balls to come to pakistan and not pussy out of it again then i think it will be a cracking series

In all honesty, that's complete bull for the most part. India had a certain Mr Singh missing, and if you cast your memory back to the last series between the two teams, you'll recall that the Aussies didn't play him quite as well as you'd have expected from the World Champs. Personally, I'd MUCH rather prefer it if Aus had Warne and we had Harbhajan. Warne to any Indian is a joke, he'd have had an average of about 60/70 in this series if lucky, in the final test Sachin and Laxman would have dented his confidence SEVERELY, probably finished his career off (you'll recall what Laxman and Dravid did with him in Kolkata, on bowler friendly conditions!) I realise that Singh wouldn't have been as effective on Aus wickets, but there'd have been a far better chance of Ind. winning the Sydney test at least.

Also, India were missing Zaheer Khan, our best pace bolwer. However, I'd rather face Khan than McGrath, so it's 1-1 on missing bowlers overall. No complaints from the Indian end, there certainly should be nothing from the Aus side. As for the wickets, well, it's silly to refer to them as a disgrace, we had two results out of 4, 1 match was rain interrupted the other was very close to reaching a conclusion. Also, again, think back to the series in India, the wickets were very playable, the ball wasn't turning anywhere near as it would in say Columbo. Had the wickets turned square in India, it could have been a real thrashing, think back to the 1998 series in India against the Aussies. So, it was only quid quo pro, nothing more-so don't be 'stumped' by it.

As for Pak, we'll just see them bowl Shewag/Dravid/Sachin/Laxman out. Pak are a spent force, the players that would have caused the Indians (and any other side) a real headache, i.e. Wasim, Waqar, Anwar have long gone. I think all the Pakistani's can do is turn up real fired up, but there's no real substance left in the team.
ferraolucio
Does the Austrialian Cricket team really deserve to be the world Champions or are they very much aggressive. Also which other country deserves to win against them.

The austrialians are just having a great time at home and later when they tour out of their country things might change a bit for them.

India almost had them in trouble - no they dont deserve the tag of world champs - but then again they earnt it so maybe they do for now
Reply 7
Australia are still world champs, but India are a very close second.
Reply 8
there should be another india-aus series in india, and i think india will run away with it. The aussie team are pretty old, and we have youngsters cominh thorugh like Parthiv Patel, Irfan Pathan (who proved his loyalty against pakistan), Bhaju, Balaji, etc. and the one and only sachin still has a few years in him, and when he leaves the indian sqaud he will make sure that they are the best in the world at the time. INDIA ZINDABAD!

Latest

Trending

Trending