The Student Room Group

HElp

Hello to this forum, sorry about opening this new thread in such a rush however i dont have much time as i have a statistics project in for tomorrow.

I study Pure Mathematics and Statistics and currently am in Top set.

Basically i know how to do it etc. but i need sum1 to help me figure out what it means in relation to my data, if it even does!? i just need extra marks to help my final grade. Spearman's Rank is seen as a difficult working so it will help me.

I am comparing pocket money between different years and sets in my school, for example

Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Set 6
Yr11 17.9 12.6 10.6 12 12 8.9
Yr10 10.6 8.7 7.1 8.9 9.2 10.2

Ive figured out that the Agreement is 0.242857 and this means hardly any correlation however please can sum1 explain this in terms of my data, like " this means yr 11 had similar trends," or something like that

Sorry bout the double thread but im new and i dont get how this works!?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
I used spearman’s rank to work out the correlation between the amount of pocket money and the different sets of year 11. From my results I can see that there is a slight positive relationship although it is not significant. This shows that the distribution of wealth, in terms of pocket money, is probably unrelated to the groupings.

well u cant say i didnt try

Latest

Trending

Trending