The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Mary’s College Durham offer holders 2023

Just wanted to put this post out there to try and find some other people allocated to Mary’s yesterday! It was my first choice and I’m over the moon

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! Me too, was also my first choice as well. So excited. What are you studying?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Me too, was also my first choice as well. So excited. What are you studying?

Renewable energy engineering! What about you?
Reply 3
Original post by GiftedDipstick

I'm doing Archaeology!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'm doing Archaeology!

Ahh so not too different!! Looking forward to just being able to roll out of bed for lectures aha
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Just wanted to put this post out there to try and find some other people allocated to Mary’s yesterday! It was my first choice and I’m over the moon

I know we already spoke on the main forum but thank you for making this thread!! anyone for english at marys?
I'm allocated to St Mary's as well, for archaeology! it's my insurance but I would genuinely be thrilled to end up there. it was by far my favourite college!
Hello :smile: I’ve been allocated Mary’s for natural sciences!
Reply 8
Hi! I was allocated Mary’s and i’m studying human geography :smile:
Hi! I've been allocated Mary's for history, so excited, the college seems so lovely!❤️
I got Mary's for chemistry!! really excited :smile:
Hi, I’ve also been allocated Mary’s for Physics and Astronomy! It was my first choice so very happy about that :smile:
If you’ve not already sat them, good luck for the exam season and I hope you get the results you need to get to Durham! (Or your firm choice but we all know Durham is better)
If you’ve not already sat them, good luck for the exam season and I hope you get the results you need to get to Durham! (Or your firm choice but we all know Durham is better)

Thanks! (Though Durham is my insurance choice :eek:)
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Thanks! (Though Durham is my insurance choice :eek:)

same! now my exams are next week, I'm really starting to question my decision!
Original post by Fido100
I know we already spoke on the main forum but thank you for making this thread!! anyone for english at marys?

i am!!
Reply 16
Hihi, me too. I am also allocated to Mary's for Physics and Astronomy. This is all so exciting to me!

Original post by jamie.f.p.04
Hi, I’ve also been allocated Mary’s for Physics and Astronomy! It was my first choice so very happy about that :smile:
Reply 17

same, can't wait to roll out of bed with 5 minutes to get to lectures.i didn't go for the open days how was the eng department and Marys?
Original post by Leu7
same, can't wait to roll out of bed with 5 minutes to get to lectures.i didn't go for the open days how was the eng department and Marys?

Haha that was literally such a big selling point! I went to both an open day and the offer holder day but whilst I saw the engineering department twice I only saw Mary’s at the offer holder day. It wasn’t a problem though because as soon as we started the tour it just had such a good vibe to me (and I’m sure you’ve seen pictures but it’s so pretty!). The first time I went to engineering it felt a touch overwhelming and seeing all the options for how you can take the course but the second time we did a practical, had a sample lecture and then the same talk as the open day. The staff were so helpful and the lecture was super engaging (and even though I’d been a bit worried about the practical, it just felt like doing one at college so hopefully that’s a sign of what’s to come!)
Has everyone filled out the accommodation form they sent today?

Quick Reply

Latest