The Student Room Group

sign for Istikhara

I prayed Istikhara for marriage 3 times and hadn't witnessed any signs, no dreams, no positive feeling. However, the past 2 days I've gotten very ill - so should I take this as a sign to decline the proposal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I prayed Istikhara for marriage 3 times and hadn't witnessed any signs, no dreams, no positive feeling. However, the past 2 days I've gotten very ill - so should I take this as a sign to decline the proposal?

It’s a dream in which you see a sign so this is in two ways to decide whether declining or not is right although if you have become ill and that’s what you think is your sign and response to your Istikhara prayer then decline
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
It’s a dream in which you see a sign so this is in two ways to decide whether declining or not is right although if you have become ill and that’s what you think is your sign and response to your Istikhara prayer then decline

I did have a dream only after the 2nd time, where I saw myself in a hospital and then the 3rd time again in the hospital and then I got ill after.

Is it possible to ask somone else to read Istikhara on my behalf? Or does it only work/signs shown when doing it yourself?
I did have a dream only after the 2nd time, where I saw myself in a hospital and then the 3rd time again in the hospital and then I got ill after.

Is it possible to ask somone else to read Istikhara on my behalf? Or does it only work/signs shown when doing it yourself?

Yourself you do the salah to then therefore see a message and if that’s the case then I would massively decline
Reply 4

Wouldn't the sign be that you love the person making the proposal and you want to spend the rest of your lives together?
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Wouldn't the sign be that you love the person making the proposal and you want to spend the rest of your lives together?

Not that directly, it depends on how a person wants to take the sign. It can be sometimes as little as the initial of both spouses at the beggining and end of a number plate. But I was a little confused
Original post by Surnia

If the dream is a positive then it’s a sign that yes the proposal should be an acceptance if it’s a negative then no rejection
Reply 7
If the dream is a positive then it’s a sign that yes the proposal should be an acceptance if it’s a negative then no rejection

I once dreamt i was in a Terminator film with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Didn't mean anything; it was a dream...
Reply 8
Not that directly, it depends on how a person wants to take the sign. It can be sometimes as little as the initial of both spouses at the beggining and end of a number plate. But I was a little confused

Spouses are already married. Have you actually had a proposal and, if so, is it love?
Original post by Surnia
I once dreamt i was in a Terminator film with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Didn't mean anything; it was a dream...

Interesting dream @Surnia though it’s a special and quite significant prayer that at a time to establish whether something is a positive or a negative and you need a message from the almighty, the all merciful and the all powerful Allah whatever the outcome maybe positive or not it’s all due to Istikhara prayer and that one dream.
Reply 10
Interesting dream @Surnia though it’s a special and quite significant prayer that at a time to establish whether something is a positive or a negative and you need a message from the almighty, the all merciful and the all powerful Allah whatever the outcome maybe positive or not it’s all due to Istikhara prayer and that one dream.

Why do you need to decide whether or not to marry someone based on a dream? It could all go horribly wrong. Why not decide if you love the person in real life?
No, it didn’t work I’m afraid.
Original post by Surnia
Why do you need to decide whether or not to marry someone based on a dream? It could all go horribly wrong. Why not decide if you love the person in real life?

The beauty of Islam in a way, as explained the previous post the explanation of a significant prayer again to establish whether that’s the correct spouse whether it’s for the OP or someone else let’s just take for instance someone undecided with mixed emotions and feelings and needs a little guidance and help and support so hence a signal/message from a dream and not necessarily as stated if it’s a positive that too coming from the all merciful and the all powerful and all mighty Allah then it would never go wrong loving the person in real life that too with mixed feelings can lead to things going wrong.
Reply 13
Original post by Surnia

Did you pray Istikhara beforehand; the sign is related to the question you asked/situation
Reply 14
Original post by Surnia
Spouses are already married. Have you actually had a proposal and, if so, is it love?

yes I have, no.

Personally I think love comes after marriage. Love to me is when you go through trials and hardships together and stay strong, fight together and pray to Allah subhanawatallah together :smile:.
Reply 15
Original post by Surnia

It's not entirely based on a dream - its just what people commonly see their sign in that form.

It could not go horriblely wrong because we are asking our All Knowing Allah Subhanawatallah, we are asking his guidance - the whole point of the prayer.

You can't decide if you love them because you need to spend time with them to know which in Islam is haraam for a man and woman to be alone/intimiate before marriage - where the term dating is also haraam. I advise you to do some research on Islam to help awnser your question's, brothers Mohammad, me and other Muslimahs are here to help awnser your question (:
Reply 16
Did you pray Istikhara beforehand; the sign is related to the question you asked/situation

I wasn't praying for anything and I hadn't watched any Arnie films; it was just a random dream.
Reply 17
yes I have, no.

Personally I think love comes after marriage. Love to me is when you go through trials and hardships together and stay strong, fight together and pray to Allah subhanawatallah together :smile:.

Why would you marry someone you don't love? You don't know how they will react to difficulties.
Original post by Surnia
Why would you marry someone you don't love? You don't know how they will react to difficulties.

I don’t think your understanding the purpose of Istikhara prayer though
Reply 19
It's not entirely based on a dream - its just what people commonly see their sign in that form.

It could not go horriblely wrong because we are asking our All Knowing Allah Subhanawatallah, we are asking his guidance - the whole point of the prayer.

So you're saying that every single Muslim marriage that happens because someone had a sign or dream works out perfectly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending