The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Official Teesside University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Teesside University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Teesside University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!
Application to Teesside not going well so far, which is a pity after all the positive experiences in the run up to submitting the application.
Mature student applying on the basis of experience/portfolio (as the course info says they will consider, ditto 2x tutors)
Rejected on the grounds of no qualifications (despite all the fancy boxes on the UCAS form to tick to say you don't want to be considered on that basis and clarifications of that with admissions both before and after UCAS submission), no sight of portfolio (reference should explain academic situation) No email, found out on UCAS.
Enquired of admissions who confirmed rejection is just automatic, but said that you can request a reconsideration, so that request has been sent. But locked out of applicant portal.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,
Welcome to the official Teesside University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Teesside University.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Hi, have a place offered at Teeside, as grades in hand, but want to know more about the ratio of local students to students coming from other parts of the uk, as the social media seems to show most of the students featured with regional accents, I just would like reassurance that there'll be other students staying on campus, also what the area is like please?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, have a place offered at Teeside, as grades in hand, but want to know more about the ratio of local students to students coming from other parts of the uk, as the social media seems to show most of the students featured with regional accents, I just would like reassurance that there'll be other students staying on campus, also what the area is like please?

Hi there!

Well done on securing an offer!

We have a real mix of students from throughout the UK (and internationally) studying with us. University accommodation is for 900 students, and we're full every year, so rest assured we have lots and lots of students staying on campus!

There is lots going on in the area - take a look at Curiositees to see what you can get involved in.

Have you been invited to an offer holder day? This is a fantastic way to meet other people from your course and take a closer look at accommodation, the campus and the area? If you want to receive a link to book, drop us a DM and we can send this to you?

We look forward to seeing you in September! :smile:
Kate
Original post by Anonymous #1
Application to Teesside not going well so far, which is a pity after all the positive experiences in the run up to submitting the application.
Mature student applying on the basis of experience/portfolio (as the course info says they will consider, ditto 2x tutors)
Rejected on the grounds of no qualifications (despite all the fancy boxes on the UCAS form to tick to say you don't want to be considered on that basis and clarifications of that with admissions both before and after UCAS submission), no sight of portfolio (reference should explain academic situation) No email, found out on UCAS.
Enquired of admissions who confirmed rejection is just automatic, but said that you can request a reconsideration, so that request has been sent. But locked out of applicant portal.

Hi there,

Really sorry for the late reply on this one.

Have the admissions team been back in touch about your application? If you want to drop us a DM we can look into this for you?

Kate
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Is anyone here studying the Dental Nursing course next year? I'm starting in september (very excited).
Original post by Teesside University
Hi there,
Really sorry for the late reply on this one.
Have the admissions team been back in touch about your application? If you want to drop us a DM we can look into this for you?
Kate

Sort of... (no result from reconsideration as yet)
I am afraid I would now recommend any statements in course information about an individual approach to mature applicants are taken with a large pinch of salt.
Original post by Anonymous
Sort of... (no result from reconsideration as yet)
I am afraid I would now recommend any statements in course information about an individual approach to mature applicants are taken with a large pinch of salt.

I dont understand what you mean? Im not a mature applicant.
Original post by oceanlov3r
I dont understand what you mean? Im not a mature applicant.

Check the full post. It was not a reply to your post. It was a reply to the official Teeside rep about a mature student application. Enjoy dental nursing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending