The Student Room Group

Creating The Future Of Our Dreams - Study23 GYG

✨Creating The Future Of Our Dreams✨

Hi everyone! I'm a fellow procrascinator with ambitious goals who wants to manage life and school. Hopefully this GYG will help me plan my week and STICK to those plans, as well as get advice from other students. If there's anything you need to know about me is that if I set a goal - I will try my best to reach it. I try for every opportunity I can, I like learning and meeting new people, but I also like relaxing a bit every night and hanging out with friends every week. Welcome to my page, I hope I don't bore you 😂

About Me
Academic Year: 12
A Level Subjects: Mathematics➕, Biology🧬, Chemistry🧪, Further Mathematics♾
Future Degree (Hopefully): Medicine 🦠
Universities I Hope To Apply To: Oxford/Cambridge. I haven't been able to visit many other unis yet - anyone have suggestions? I'm thinking maybe Edinburgh. 📚
GCSEs: 14A*s (WJEC)
Other Interests: Mathematics, Science, Creative Writing, English Literature and Psychology

Goals for 2024

Get 4As in my AS exams 🌟

60% of free lessons used to revise/do notes so I can relax more at home 📝

Get a high UCAT score 🏆

Apply for Oxbridge medicine in year 13

Try and avoid burnout 😰

Have good work-life balance and become a more confident person 😁

Here are some of the other threads that I follow that you should check out:
Fun
Not Medicine
Medicine

And if you need some motivation I've made a thread of some of my favourite quotes where we can support each other!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7437308

I'm also happy to answer any questions for GCSEs, studying, A levels, Medicine etc. I'm still learning myself but I think there is always room for improvement. Let's smash our grades and reach our academic goals!
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Friday 1st December
I am sadly ill so I haven't been able to do as much as I've wanted today.

Today I did:

Got test results back for Chemistry - top of the class, only A 😊 I know I have to revise back titration the mass sbectra a bit more by next week

Caught up on Maths lessons that I'd missed

1 hour of Further Maths Mechanical notes/practise - I really need to go over this a lot more

30 mins Further Maths Statistics notes

Went shopping and had coffee with my family for a bit to relax - had a bit of a self care day since school finished early

I have a revision list now for the Chemistry mock and most things I'm fairly confident in due to recent tests - I'll need to focus more on Further Maths throughout the week with an hour or two of Chemistry every other day.

Tomorrow's plan:

Double Maths lesson

Find my other Chemistry teacher and recieve test and feedback

Ask FM Mech teacher to go over some parts I don't understand (also try and find my FM Pure teacher if they are in)

2 hours Statistics notes

1 hour Pure notes

1 hour Mech notes

30 mins reading

Edit - it's so weird how much changes in almost two months 😂
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Question - how does everyone revise for their A Levels?
Original post by study23!
Question - how does everyone revise for their A Levels?

hiya i never knew you had a gyg!
Reply 4
Original post by emm4nuella
hiya i never knew you had a gyg!

😂 Yeah your one was one of the ones that inspired me too! Safe to say I've forgotten to update for a while
😂 Yeah your one was one of the ones that inspired me too! Safe to say I've forgotten to update for a while

aww thank you that's nice to hear! :smile:
Reply 6
aww thank you that's nice to hear! :smile:

Just checking, can you see anything on my original post? For me it just shows nothing and says 'edited', but when I actually go into it to edit it all of the html is there 🤷*♀️
Just checking, can you see anything on my original post? For me it just shows nothing and says 'edited', but when I actually go into it to edit it all of the html is there 🤷*♀️

i dont see anything
Reply 8
Monday 8th January
Since it's the beginning of the New Year I want to start some revision habits but also relax a bit as I am exhausted from the holidays. This week I should at least finish applying to all of the opportunities I've researched.

Plan for the day is:
School

Further Maths L1

Chemistry L2

Biology L3

L4 Design display for competition

Lunch - Med Club WEX session

Biology HW L5

After School

Relax/read for two hours at home

Biology Unit 2 30 mins notes

Biology Unit 1 30 mins notes

30 mins display design

30 mins application writing

Reply 10
good luck ❤️ :smile:

Thanks ❤️ Also I hope my first post is showing now 😅
Thanks ❤️ Also I hope my first post is showing now 😅

yessss :smile:
Reply 12
Tuesday 9th January
I’m planning this the night before so I can wake up with a plan ready. Procrastination got the best of me after school today so I only did 30 mins bio homework and spent hours finishing reading my book, which means I’ll have to do more tomorrow 😭

I’m set on at least finishing one application today.

Plan is:
School
✅L1 and L2 Biology
✅L3 Finish other half of biology hw and do unit 2 notes for 40 mins
✅L4 Write application interests, and half of why to consider
✅Lunch - Team meeting, need to plan next few weeks
✅L5 Further maths

After school

Two hours on display design
✅30 mins more bio notes
✅30 mins reading med book

30 Mins application writing

(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 13
This is just more of a general question if anyone is reading - what unis did you apply for and why?

I want to try and visit some unis in the summer but I don’t know where is best.
This is just more of a general question if anyone is reading - what unis did you apply for and why?

I want to try and visit some unis in the summer but I don’t know where is best.

Hi! I applied to Leeds because its quite close to home and is a well rounded uni, hull York because i liked its curriculum Bristol because it offers loads of pathways and its academic excellence is quite high and Keele because again i wanted another closer to home and the student satisfaction is one of the highest
Reply 15
Original post by anayasyed
Hi! I applied to Leeds because its quite close to home and is a well rounded uni, hull York because i liked its curriculum Bristol because it offers loads of pathways and its academic excellence is quite high and Keele because again i wanted another closer to home and the student satisfaction is one of the highest

Thank you! I got to see Leeds uni a bit when I was there for an event and it had really pretty scenery! I'll have to look into the others.
Reply 16
Wednesday 10th January
I'm proud of how much I completed for Tuesday, but I was wayyy too exhausted. So tonight I'm going to bed early in hopes I can save my head from hitting the table in class tomorrow. Our team meeting didn't go as planned at lunch so unfortunately I'll have to spend another lunch time before I can design the display since I need their opinions on it, but luckily that forced me to do more biology today!

I also got 83% in my Further Maths mock! 100% marks in Pure, 79% in Stats and 75% Mech. I also got the highest mark 😊 But since we did have a revision list and I’m the only one not taking physics I should probably do some more practice on the things that weren’t included in the mock. Hopefully I’ll get results for Chem and Maths Thursday, if I’m lucky Bio Friday.

So the plan for today is:
School:

✅L1 Further Maths
✅L2 Further Maths
✅L3 Finish notes on biology unit 1.3 and 2.3 for 45 mins
✅L4 Start display design + ✅make competition plan
✅Lunch - Team meeting
✅L5 Further Maths

After School:

Two hours display design

Online Chemistry masterclass
✅30 mins read med book

Watch 40 mins TV

(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 17
How are we all feeling in the first week back? School is exhausting for me at the moment, and my extracurriculars have been such an overload - honestly my schoolwork itself seems easy in comparison. We're only three days in! I'm actually prioritising my mental health for once by reading more. I've been reading When Breath Becomes Air - I'm normally not a big non fiction fan, but this book is very thought provoking and is making me think more about what sort of doctor I'd want to be. Any book recs that anyone has would also be much appreciated, I'm trying to expand my reading.
Reply 18
Thursday 11th January
After yesteday's chem masterclass I realised I really need to brush up on electron configuration (the teacher gave us half a lesson on it 😭). Today is super busy tho, so I'll try and concentrate on it tonight - if not I'll use my free lesson tomorrow.

The plan:
School

✅L1 Chem - mock back?
✅L2 Chem
✅Break - talk to teacher about reference
✅L3 Maths - mock?
L4 maths
✅Lunch - judges presentation + order comp resources
✅L5 Further Maths

After school

[strike]

Apply for x2ss

[*]40 mins Chemistry notes
[*]1 hour display design

Med wider reading meeting

My goals for this week are to apply for volunteering and email for wex. Make sure Chem+Bio notes up to date. Write application for ss. Work Saturday and hangout Saturday. Lots of comp work out the way.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 19
Update:

Chemistry mock B, got 60%, 4 marks off an A. I'm content with it, I had highest mark in class, I was the only B with most people getting Ds or Cs.

I had my Chem and FM mocks same day, first day, so I was expecting them to be my weakest - not to mention they're the most difficult. Happy overall with how I did in them though. I've got a meeting with the school's wellbeing teacher on Monday to discuss mock results and I'm slightly annoyed that my bio and maths results won't be here by then as they are my strongest by far 😂

Lunch meeting was about a different comp I'm doing and gosh the amount of work I'll have over the next month for two eng comps is crazy, but I can get a CREST award for one at least.

Am I the only one who still does 'academic' extracurriculars which aren't relevant to their uni subject? I'm applying for med but I've always enjoyed stem so much that I'm doing loads of eng, bio/chem, maths comps - probably too much for my own good.

Anyway I hope for whoever is reading that they are ok and that work isn't too stressful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending