The Student Room Group

EY Reserve List 2024

Hi guys!

I’ve attended the in-person EY experience day (assessment centre) this Monday and received an email this morning saying that I’ve passed the interview but the role has been filled and that I’m being automatically placed on the reserve list.

Anyone in the same situation? Please feel free to comment, and fyi, I applied for Assurance (GPS) - Edinburgh office.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngelinaAii
Hi guys!

I’ve attended the in-person EY experience day (assessment centre) this Monday and received an email this morning saying that I’ve passed the interview but the role has been filled and that I’m being automatically placed on the reserve list.

Anyone in the same situation? Please feel free to comment, and fyi, I applied for Assurance (GPS) - Edinburgh office.

Hi! I did my final interview for the Tax graduate programme for Birmingham in December and was placed on the reserve list
Reply 2
Original post by purple-saucepan
Hi! I did my final interview for the Tax graduate programme for Birmingham in December and was placed on the reserve list

Have you heard anything so far? I replied to them saying I’m willing to change service line etc and they said they’re gonna make a note on that but still no vacancy atm
Have you heard anything so far? I replied to them saying I’m willing to change service line etc and they said they’re gonna make a note on that but still no vacancy atm

Nah I haven’t heard anything, but fingers crossed for us both!
Have received an invitation from EY to complete a right to work check - not sure if that means anything based on the threads for the previous two or three years but hopefully that could mean that others on the reserve list have/will be too!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 5
Have received an invitation from EY to complete a right to work check - not sure if that means anything based on the threads for the previous two or three years but hopefully that could mean that others on the reserve list have/will be too!

I've receive that prior to my EYX, but idk if that's because I'm an international student. Also HR told me that I can't change to other offices except Edinburgh and Glasgow (I applied for Edinburgh) and they are both filled atm...
Hi, I’m on the reserve list to for EY Glasgow. Really hoping we get good news soon !
Hey guys, I've been reserved lately, and I was trying to contact the HR or Recruitment team but failed. I was wondering if anyone knows who should I speak with or which email address I should send my queries or concerns to.

Before the EYX we were told that the position had been filled, and after I passed the interview I just received an automatic template email saying that I've been added to the reserve list. I've already sent out messages to eystudentrecruitment, and I called the hotline the advisory gave me another one "eystudentoffers" but none of them responded. Feeling a bit puzzled right now.

FYI, I applied for Assurance Graduate (UKI) - Birmingham office. I heard there were ppl who had applied for assurance in Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Reading, and Southampton (Summer Internships) that had been added to the reserve list until now.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by antoine99
Hey guys, I've been reserved lately, and I was trying to contact the HR or Recruitment team but failed. I was wondering if anyone knows who should I speak with or which email address I should send my queries or concerns to.

Before the EYX we were told that the position had been filled, and after I passed the interview I just received an automatic template email saying that I've been added to the reserve list. I've already sent out messages to eystudentrecruitment, and I called the hotline the advisory gave me another one "eystudentoffers" but none of them responded. Feeling a bit puzzled right now.

FYI, I applied for Assurance Graduate (UKI) - Birmingham office. I heard there were ppl who had applied for assurance in Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Reading, and Southampton (Summer Internships) that had been added to the reserve list until now.
Hey! Honestly, don't have a clue on another contact. Would say that your best bet would probably be to send a follow up email to ey student offers or give them a ring if they have a number and then just hope for the best
Reply 9
Hi is there anybody waiting for April intake?
Original post by miracu55
Hi is there anybody waiting for April intake?
Hey, I am! Have you heard anything yet?
Hi guys!
Hi Angelina,

I am attending the EY Experience day the coming week in Glasgow for the Assurance Programme in Edinburgh.

Have you heard back from EY after being placed on to the reserve list ?
Hey, I am! Have you heard anything yet?
Hey! Nothing yet following the bg check a while ago - have you?
Hey! Nothing yet following the bg check a while ago - have you?
Haven’t heard anything either other than background check - hopefully something will come back soon!
Haven’t heard anything either other than background check - hopefully something will come back soon!
Same here! Not long left till April now, I wonder if you know the approximate start date?
Same here! Not long left till April now, I wonder if you know the approximate start date?
Well the September start date is near the beginning of the month so I don't personally see why April would be any different especially considering early April is around the start of the financial year so I don't see any reason to match up the grad intake with that but honestly that's, at best, an educated guess...I guess we'll just have to wait...
Well the September start date is near the beginning of the month so I don't personally see why April would be any different especially considering early April is around the start of the financial year so I don't see any reason to match up the grad intake with that but honestly that's, at best, an educated guess...I guess we'll just have to wait...
Yeah I'm thinking the same, I'd assume since our checks are done it'll be a fast process should we be offered a role closer to the date. Best of luck!
Original post by Avinashshaji
Hi Angelina,
I am attending the EY Experience day the coming week in Glasgow for the Assurance Programme in Edinburgh.
Have you heard back from EY after being placed on to the reserve list ?
Hi I'm sorry I didn't check the post and reply to you earlier. I still haven't heard back from them and I hope your EYX went well!
Reply 18
Hi guys!
Hello Angelina, I was wondering: were you given different open positions options to choose from apart from receiving the news you were placed in the reserve list in the email they sent you?
Reply 19
Hi guys, I'm on the reserve list of the Birmingham assurance. Is there a group chat for those who are on the reserve list?

Quick Reply

Latest