The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tek - no but a lot of my friends were. The Habs contingent! So I heard about all those strange resolutions..!!
Reply 21
Tek
No, British Parliamentary Style, as in 4 prop 4 opp.

i do that sort of debate, the debating is much better but mun as a whole is a mad laugh
Reply 22
dinkymints
Tek - no but a lot of my friends were. The Habs contingent! So I heard about all those strange resolutions..!!

there was a very noticable habs contingent(i think) at my mun in dublin they won the distinguished delegation award, i was told in no uncertain terms that if anyone from habs was in the room i would know about it
wish i was that good.
Reply 23
Well we gave Habs a good hiding at Westminster.
Reply 24
what school are you at? do you do SAIMUN?all the habs people that were there were all in their final year last year.
what happened that you tore them apart?
there was this one girl at mine, i think she was from haileybury, i never saw anyone tear resolutions apart the way she could if there was a crowd of people looking at your resolution she had them dispersed in ten seconds flat using lollipops at bribes.
Reply 25
i am doing it next year. Is it fun?
Reply 26
PadFoot90
i am doing it next year. Is it fun?

it is really really good. bring a bag of lollipops or something to bribe people into signing your resolution and be as outgoing as possible.
Reply 27
Tek
No, British Parliamentary Style, as in 4 prop 4 opp.

Ohhh.. interesting... not heard of that....

roxy potter
it is really really good. bring a bag of lollipops or something to bribe people into signing your resolution and be as outgoing as possible.

Sounds about right!

Sadly I'm too old for the high schools ones... anyone know a uni version on MUN?
Reply 28
i went to a mixed uni sixth form this year at LSE uni in London .... got a bit borin ... every1 woz so serious... no funny resolutions like the alien one ... i woz representing australia! put on my best posh accent nd debated like hell even tho i didnt understand half the clauses...... :biggrin:
Reply 29
roxy potter
there was a very noticable habs contingent(i think) at my mun in dublin they won the distinguished delegation award, i was told in no uncertain terms that if anyone from habs was in the room i would know about it
wish i was that good.

Ahahahahahaha!

Sorry that's a private laugh. I'll pass the compliment on (I know the team).
Reply 30
dreamer
Ahahahahahaha!

Sorry that's a private laugh. I'll pass the compliment on (I know the team).

do you know china 2nd pol?
if you know kazakstan health and youth(from last year) tell him el salvador and thailand say hi. i was el salvador he'd remember the extremly bad resolution on child soldiers i submitted.
Reply 31
Hmm I'll find out who that was. Come to think of it, I knew last year's lot ie 2003. I may know some 2004 people, but I'll definitely get the message delivered.

Roxy is right: habs boys have a ferocious reputation. If you go on to Cambridge you'll have the pleasure of meeting lots of them.

I never resorted to bribery at MUNs- lollipops were only to be used in cases of sheer emergency. It's a poltical game y'know- confectionary suggests you haven't enough confidence in your blagging skills...:smile:

Any help peeps require on MUN, lemme know. I've been to enough and coached enough people to write reso's automatically! And more girls should go!!!

Uni MUN exists. Apparently CamMUN ain't all that, but I dunno.
Reply 32
dreamer
I never resorted to bribery at MUNs- lollipops were only to be used in cases of sheer emergency. It's a poltical game y'know- confectionary suggests you haven't enough confidence in your blagging skills...:smile:

And more girls should go!!!

Uni MUN exists. Apparently CamMUN ain't all that, but I dunno.

I don't bribe the debaters... only the note passers!!

Half the fun is all the sexy guys in suits.. mmmmm

Ooohhh know any links to UNI MUN?
Any one done any Model Congress? Its the American version of MUN, which I actually did in Paris last year as a substitute.
Reply 34
dreamer
Hmm I'll find out who that was. Come to think of it, I knew last year's lot ie 2003. I may know some 2004 people, but I'll definitely get the message delivered.

Roxy is right: habs boys have a ferocious reputation. If you go on to Cambridge you'll have the pleasure of meeting lots of them.

Yeah one of the lads i was talking to had an offer for cambridge.

dreamer

I didnt actually use the lollipops i was just too shy or something, but for some strange reason they did actually work for those who used them. and those who used them sure could talk.

we also used lollipops on the security guards who kept threatning to kick us out for talking and passing notes directly to the people in front of us instead of through the secretaries.
Reply 35
I've been to the The Hague international Model United Nations twice, and really loved it. If im correct, its the biggest of the MUN's, about 4000 students....lasts for a week

now that I was too old for THIMUN this year, i took part in the youth assembly, which was also a great experience. :smile:
Reply 36
sipris
I've been to the The Hague international Model United Nations twice, and really loved it. If im correct, its the biggest of the MUN's, about 4000 students....lasts for a week

now that I was too old for THIMUN this year, i took part in the youth assembly, which was also a great experience. :smile:

im sooooooo jealous. i really want to go but i wont get a chance to. yes it is the biggest in the world.
Reply 37
roxy potter
i went to the one in dublin i submitted a resolution on child soldiers which failed miserably because of the clauses i was forced to put in by mergers. it was my first time and the girl sitting next to me had been to eight conferences she got up and tore my reso apart, then she said she felt bad and offered me a lollipop!!!!!! i toughened up pretty quickly.

has anyone else been to MUN in dublin?

I went to SAIMUN in Dublin last year.
I was Turkey. Which country were you?
Reply 38
I was el salvador, i could be wrong but was it your delagation that unofficially declared war on the USA and then got suspended from note passing?
what committees were you guys on?
we were health and youth, first pol, disarmament and ecosoc.
some of our classmates represented thailand.
Reply 39
No, it wasn't us. I think it was Iran, though I'm not at all sure.

I think we were sitting in every committee. I was ECOSOC.
The people who were doing Rumania were also from our school.

Did you go back this year?

Latest

Trending

Trending