The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Am i classed as international or what?

sorry for the stupid q's :tongue:
erk
Am i classed as international or what?

sorry for the stupid q's :tongue:

Youre an EU student, means you get treated pretty much same as a native from the Republic.
Reply 42
roxy potter
I'm from Limerick. No jokes about stab city please.
UCD sounds good but thats probably going down as number three on the cao, i'm not sure yet though i keep changing my mind.
whats arts like?

Hehe! Don't worry Dublin ain't exactly a haven of civility and brotherhood. :wink:
Arts is ok. But as I said it depends on your temperment. If you like lots of independance and impersonal teaching you'd probably like it. If you respond to a more structured set up where you would be able to chat to lecturers and there would be a sense of community among students etc. you probably wouldn't.
There's great variety though. It depends on which subjects you end up doing but ther's good and bad in all. We had a (very) wierd and boring series of lectures in English a fortnight ago, this week its great. :smile:
Reply 43
Can someone answer this?

I read on the acc dublin website that you need 500 cao points to actually get a room in halls?
Reply 44
i don't think that's true - i think it's a separate issue
Reply 45
erk
Can someone answer this?

I read on the acc dublin website that you need 500 cao points to actually get a room in halls?

I think there could be some truth in that.
Bear in mind, however, that I'm only going on the basis of what happend to me when I applied to UCD and Trinity tend to be a law unto themselves.
I got 600 points in the Leaving Cert and was sent a letter offering me priority on accomodation. (There isn't enough college accomodation to go around and the same, I believe, goes for Trinity). Of course plenty of people on lower points could still get accomodation on campus.
Reply 46
Coming for England, surely one would get priority?
Reply 47
yeah my brother did cos he's english and all the people in his flat thing are based abroad somewhere. although there isn't space for everyone
allisandro
yes it does. It has a lot of history and good teaching as well as being in a fantastic location! I believe it was meant to be the first of a collegiate system (correct me anyone if i'm wrong!) hence Trinity COLLEGE...but being irish, they never got around to building the others :wink:

Trinity was built by the English, when Southern Ireland was governed from London, more than 400 years ago.

It has a tremendous pedigree; graduates include writers like Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett, and Nobel Prize scientists like Ernest Walton who was involved in splitting the atom.

Nowadays it's especially known for economics, law, medicine and foreign languages, not to mention history and literature. There's a special relationship with the two Oxbridge colleges that have the same name and there are strong ties with the Sorbonne.
aisling
I got 600 points in the Leaving Cert .

how in gods name did you manage that?
well done.
i'm trying to figure out how to get 550.
Are you still eligible for a student loan if you study in Ireland? And will the LEA pay your fees if your family doesnt earn enough - like they would if you were studying in the UK?
Reply 51
roxy potter
how in gods name did you manage that?

Bribed the examiner!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending