The Student Room Group

Bristol Dentistry 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Bristol Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would it be risky applying with a 2550 band 3 ucat. Predicted A*A*A*. GCSEs 9998877664
It was stated at the open day in June that the top scoring UCAT applicants are invited to interview. There is no official cut off as it changes each year with the cohort but for reference the final threshold to be invited to interview for 2023 entry was 2850.
Reply 3
Original post by SoccerMommy
It was stated at the open day in June that the top scoring UCAT applicants are invited to interview. There is no official cut off as it changes each year with the cohort but for reference the final threshold to be invited to interview for 2023 entry was 2850.

Ok thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Sakiryu
Would it be risky applying with a 2550 band 3 ucat. Predicted A*A*A*. GCSEs 9998877664

unless your contextual I'm afraid you have no chance of getting an interview
Reply 5
Original post by hadi_

Ok thanks
Reply 6
There was recent news that a new dental school building has opened in Bristol and number of students will increase by 25%. Is anybody aware of the increased intake was already implemented this year, or will happen next year or later.
My UCAT is 2840 and I am tempted to apply. I am aware that cutoff was 2850 in 2023 and 2750 in 2022. However it is possible that number of people called for interview was similar, but offers were increased later. Any thoughts?
Reply 7
Original post by akkanodia
There was recent news that a new dental school building has opened in Bristol and number of students will increase by 25%. Is anybody aware of the increased intake was already implemented this year, or will happen next year or later.
My UCAT is 2840 and I am tempted to apply. I am aware that cutoff was 2850 in 2023 and 2750 in 2022. However it is possible that number of people called for interview was similar, but offers were increased later. Any thoughts?

I asked them whether it's true they were gonna have an increase in student intake but they said they weren't sure
Reply 8
Original post by hadi_
I asked them whether it's true they were gonna have an increase in student intake but they said they weren't sure

Thanks, when did you ask?
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Reply 10
Im a gap year student, would applying with a UCAT of 2870 be risky considering the cut off was 2850 last year? Im not sure if I’ve made a bad decision here
Reply 11
Original post by ola16!
Im a gap year student, would applying with a UCAT of 2870 be risky considering the cut off was 2850 last year? Im not sure if I’ve made a bad decision here

Think you still have a shot, where else have you applied?
Reply 12
Original post by Ibbethy
Think you still have a shot, where else have you applied?

I only applied to 3 dentistry unis this year with Sheffield and Leeds as my others
Reply 13
Did anyone apply to both medicine and dentistry at Bristol?
Original post by pH092
Did anyone apply to both medicine and dentistry at Bristol?

people applying to both med and dent are very rare as your ps won't be focused... so it will be a likely rejection from both courses...
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 15
Original post by toothysmile
people applying to both med and dent are very rare as your ps won't be focused... so it will be a likely rejection from both courses...

As far as I know, Bristol uni doesn't look at personal statement. I also emailed them about this, and they said it is fine as long as you meet the entry requirements.
Original post by hadi_

hi is this because of their ucat or gcse grades? I'm in year 12 right now and considering Bristol but i got 99888877, 9s in maths and lit and 7s in bio and physics. I know my grades are good but compared to people that got all 9s i feel disadvantaged.
Original post by megan_xay
hi is this because of their ucat or gcse grades? I'm in year 12 right now and considering Bristol but i got 99888877, 9s in maths and lit and 7s in bio and physics. I know my grades are good but compared to people that got all 9s i feel disadvantaged.

Bristol selects applicants for interview purely based off of UCAT 😊
phew do you think i should start preparing now? how hard is it to get over 3000?
Original post by megan_xay
phew do you think i should start preparing now? how hard is it to get over 3000?

Start in the summer, I prepared for 2-3 months and got 3000+

Quick Reply

Latest