The Student Room Group

Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy (Oral Health Science) 2024 Entry Thread

Welcome to the DHT 2024 entry thread where you can discuss all things dental hygiene and therapy.

Feel free to discuss some of the below to help introduce yourselves and discuss your thoughts and plans throughout the application process:

What universities are you thinking of applying to/ have applied to

A level / IB / Higher/ BTEC/ Access Course predicted grades

Other qualifications (if applicable)

GCSE grades

Dental (Nursing) experience

Good luck with your applications
P.S. If you have any ideas about how the dentistry forum can be improved for DHT applicants/ students, feel free to suggest them below and tag me.

Just some general TSR rules (which you can find in the community guidelines) to take note of:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey where is everyone applying to? Has anyone sent their applications already?
Reply 2
Original post by Ruby2011
Hey where is everyone applying to? Has anyone sent their applications already?

i’m thinking kcl, qmul, lsbu & leeds at the moment. i haven’t sent my application yet! do u have any work experience related to DHT?
Reply 3
Original post by luvhmuni
i’m thinking kcl, qmul, lsbu & leeds at the moment. i haven’t sent my application yet! do u have any work experience related to DHT?

Yes I’ve been a dental nurse for a while so have experience working with both. This will be my 2nd time applying, I only applied to Essex last year but thinking of kcl and lsbu this time aswell. Is this your first time applying?
Reply 4
Original post by Ruby2011
Yes I’ve been a dental nurse for a while so have experience working with both. This will be my 2nd time applying, I only applied to Essex last year but thinking of kcl and lsbu this time aswell. Is this your first time applying?

yes, this is my first time applying. i’m currently in year 13 trying to find relevant work experience which is pretty hard tbh
Reply 5
Hi, is anyone applying with an access course and a trainee dental nurse?
Thanks
Reply 6
I have sent mine off, went for cardiff, brum, plymouth, lsbu and suffolk. Applying with 2year dental nursing experience and BBC Alevels with B in Bio. Sweating it.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 7
Hi I’m doing access course but I qualified as a nurse earlier this year. What access course are you doing ?

Original post by Tmorg
Hi, is anyone applying with an access course and a trainee dental nurse?
Thanks
Reply 8
Hey, I’m in the same position as you, I’m doing access to science
Reply 9
I’m doing access to science but it has psychology instead of physics :smile: what unis are you thinking of applying ?

Original post by Rennea
Hey, I’m in the same position as you, I’m doing access to science
Reply 10
Original post by Kr1pA
I’m doing access to science but it has psychology instead of physics :smile: what unis are you thinking of applying ?

Hey I’m thinking of applying with an access course, however I’m not sure how you would add your predictions on UCAS. Or do you put in the grades yourself? Please let me know, thanks
Reply 11
Original post by Kr1pA

I’m thinking to apply to kcl, London south bank, Portsmouth, Bristol and Plymouth. Wbu?
i do bio chem and sociology i have work experience at a local dentist and plan on applying to bristol,cardiff,suffolk,plymouth
Original post by Lazytown101
i do bio chem and sociology i have work experience at a local dentist and plan on applying to bristol,cardiff,suffolk,plymouth

are u a year 13 student? i’m really worried as im not sure how likely it is that i’ll get accepted as a lot of the people applying are mature students. does anyone know the acceptance statistics?
Same I am a year 13 student but recently I have been seeing the low acceptance rate and it’s making me question my choice

Original post by psychic-disabili
are u a year 13 student? i’m really worried as im not sure how likely it is that i’ll get accepted as a lot of the people applying are mature students. does anyone know the acceptance statistics?
Reply 15
Original post by psychic-disabili

i’m also a year 13 student applying and i was at a kings college seminar & they said regarding dental hygiene and therapy that most of the people on the course are school-leavers and your not at a disadvantage compared to mature students! i’m assuming it’s the same at other unis aswell
Thanks sm I have been so worried I just need to get my biology predicted grade up now 😭😭

Original post by luvhmuni
i’m also a year 13 student applying and i was at a kings college seminar & they said regarding dental hygiene and therapy that most of the people on the course are school-leavers and your not at a disadvantage compared to mature students! i’m assuming it’s the same at other unis aswell
Reply 17
hey guys, I got 4/4 dht offers last year and would be happy to help anyone who need's any assistance, my insta is @helpfultoothfairy

(I came from a levels!)
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Kr1pA
Hi I’m doing access course but I qualified as a nurse earlier this year. What access course are you doing ?

Hey, I’ve done a certificate of higher education in health science with the open university. I’ve checked with a few unis and they accept it. What course are you doing?
Reply 19
I’m not too sure right now but have looked at KCL, Plymouth and Portsmouth.

Original post by Rennea
I’m thinking to apply to kcl, London south bank, Portsmouth, Bristol and Plymouth. Wbu?
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest