The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeships clearing?

I'm taking a bit of a "gap year" right now as I decided I wanted to do something engineering related but didn't have a maths a level to pursue it so I've self-studied and finished exams for the A-level this year. I was planning to apply to clearing as I wasn't fully sure how the application process would go without predicted grades, also I originally went to uni for Computer systems engineering but dropped out because I didn't feel the course was being taught properly. I'm pretty sure I did well in my maths a level but I'm not 100% sure I want to go to uni as I didn't really enjoy the uni experience when I went and would much more prefer to do something else, I also don't want to tie myself down to school for another 3-4 years and pay a ton of debt.

I have only just recently started looking for electronic engineering related degree apprenticeships but unfortunately most of the ones from the big companies have been closed down but there are 2-3 places available from small companies. I was wondering if extra places may be available after the a levels results day as I am looking to start in September 2023. I was also considering calling up the larger companies to see if they had spare spaces available.

Does anyone know whether there's a possibility there will be extra degree apprenticeship positions being available after results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending