The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

My UCAS form was processed on the 12th, and Durham got it on the 15th. I got my tracker letter today.

I went on there now and it's at the third box - received by college. Does that mean I'm in?

Subject: MSci Theoretical Physics
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Sgt.Pepper
Also could someone translate "Please note that, for technical reasons, whatever final decision is made on your application the third and fourth boxes will both become active even though your application may not have been reviewed by a College." into coherent english please?

I'm not sure, but I think this means that even if the department rejects your application, the "Received by College" box will light up along with the "Decision has been made" box because for technical reasons they can't light up the 4th without the 3rd.
Reply 82
hitchhiker_13
I'm not sure, but I think this means that even if the department rejects your application, the "Received by College" box will light up along with the "Decision has been made" box because for technical reasons they can't light up the 4th without the 3rd.

nooo i bet that happens to me
Reply 83
hitchhiker_13

Basically all its showing by lighting up the third and fourth boxes is that you have been accepted or rejected, but it doesn't really say which?
hitchhiker_13

That's what I thought, too.
JasonPaver
Basically all its showing by lighting up the third and fourth boxes is that you have been accepted or rejected, but it doesn't really say which?

No, I think if you've been rejected they'll both light up together.
But if you don't go on in a while and then they're both lit up, then it could mean either.
I think if you see just the 3rd one lit up, without the 4th one, then it has definitely gone to the college.
Reply 86
i got one of these letters too! Dont i feel special
Reply 87
Another day, no letter...*glares*...again...
AATTMM

Aww. It gets boring looking at the tracker anyway, mine's still at the dept and i suspect it will be there for a very long time...
SiAnY
Aww. It gets boring looking at the tracker anyway, mine's still at the dept and i suspect it will be there for a very long time...

And mine's STILL at the college stage and hasn't moved in over a week :mad:
marcus.williams
And mine's STILL at the college stage and hasn't moved in over a week :mad:

At least it's AT the college stage! I feel so left behind compared to all the rest of you other geography people! :frown:
SiAnY
At least it's AT the college stage! I feel so left behind compared to all the rest of you other geography people! :frown:

Yeah but according to my teach, just because it goes to the college, it doesn't mean much in terms of you getting an offer.
AATTMM

Ditto, I am now glaring at my mailbox.
Reply 93
still on college stage for the last 3 days
Been on college stage for 2/3 days now. I'm getting so impatient it's absolutely ridiculous... somebody slap me!!!!!!!
*HUGE FAT SLAP!!!!!*

:biggrin: You asked for it... :wink:
Reply 96
I am sure that if it goes to the college stage you will definitely get an offer because it's the department that accepts you, not the college. The department knows how many offers it can afford to make and thus if it decides to make you an offer then you will definitely get a place in a college. Even if it is not the college you've chosen that will give you the offer, another college will.

Your application gets passed from college to college after being accepted by the department until one of them has room for you. Colleges don't fill up on first-come-first-served basis but in such a way that there is a mix of people doing different courses.

I hope this helps. Just stay patient and don't worry about it too much- I know that's easy for me to say because I was constantly checking the tracker last year. I'd also like to point out that I got my offer letter direct from Durham on December 11th last year, before it reached the college stage on the Durham tracker and a month before it appeared on UCAS, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything if your tracker hasn't moved from the department yet SiAnY.

Good luck everyone!
SiAnY
*HUGE FAT SLAP!!!!!*

:biggrin: You asked for it... :wink:

Yes, I'm definitely revitalised now... :biggrin:
Reply 98
Ooh, got the confirmation letter yesterday too! But mine's just at the department's stage... Shouldn't it mean that if it's at the college stage, the department would have accepted you already, and it's only a matter of which college at that point? I don't think mine will move for quite a while...
Reply 99
*Thwaps you all* Stop complaining, you may continue when I get my letter. Hehe.

Somehow I sense my application being at college stage...ah, gotta love optimism.

Latest