The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dzien dobry, jak sie masz? Mnie, wszykto w porzadku. Mam nadzieje ty bedziesz rozumiec!! Moja nauczyciala polski byla bardzo dorbze, ale wiele nie robie pamietac tutaj.....

I hope that made sense. I went out to Rzeszow in 2003 and I was the only one actually trying to learn the language. The family I was staying with were EXTREMELY impressed with my progress. I can easily convert nouns into accusative, dative, genetive, instrumental, like with ham (szynka). When you have ham it is "mam szynke(,)" but when you have a ham sandwich it is "Mam kanapki z szynka(,)". But a lot of the other stuff I've forgotten.....

I love languages, I'd like to get back into Polish, its such a difficult but interesting language.
I was brought up billingual English/German, but I am half Polish so I wish I could speak that too!

I just spent 4 days in Krakow - it's an amazing place and so cheap. I'm gonna try to learn Polish at some point. But it's a difficult language.
Reply 22
elpaw
my parents forced me to learn it by speaking to me entirely in polish since i was born. i learned english in 3 months when i started primary school at 4.

Out of interest did that have any effect on your English accent?
My friend's half Polish, but the only words he knows how to say are convenience store and octupus. True story.
Can I ask those who learn languages outside school how they go about doin it and how long it takes too be fluent in a language which is self taught???
I would lik to know Polish but I suppose unless your family is Polish its not really that useful, (no offence!!) or am I in the wrong??
My mum spoke in German and my dad in English. That's how I learnt both. (Also school and TV for English). It's the easiest way by far and ensures accent-free languages.
How about if you dont have parents which speak the languages that you want to learn??

Latest

Trending

Trending