The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know that Plymouth Uni is absolutely impossible when it comes to parking. Dont even bother trying!
Reply 21
I'd check out your uni I have a parking space at halls but theres no point bringing my car because sheffield is dominated by trams, so there is hardly any parking in town and there is no parking at all by my department. Plus my space is really narrow and has a post either side. Everyone who has borrowed my space so far has scratched their car.
NikNak
Tis insured in my mums name (as she has 13 years no claims) and I am listed as a named driver on that policy. My insurance was £600 last time round (i am 20) whereas me mate has just paid his (he has a 1litre saxo and is the same age but on his own policy) and he paid £1400.

sorry, i misread, I thought you meant that it was your own policy, I do the same thing as you, its in my mum's name, and I have a 1 ltr saxo.
Reply 23
DanMushMan
sorry, i misread, I thought you meant that it was your own policy, I do the same thing as you, its in my mum's name, and I have a 1 ltr saxo.

Yeah no point in having your own policy until you are over 25 unless you get a buzz out of throwing money away lol
Reply 24
NikNak
Yeah no point in having your own policy until you are over 25 unless you get a buzz out of throwing money away lol

Yeah but you don't build up any no claims do you?
Reply 25
Chicken
Yeah but you don't build up any no claims do you?

No you don't but the money you save from being on someone elses policy far exceeds the bonus of having no claims (in my case i am saving around £800-£1000 a year). Once you are over 25, it is much cheaper to have your own policy because you are out of the 'dangerous risky driver' category.
Reply 26
My car was only £500 fully comp on my own policy when I was a learner
viviki

did it change when you passed?
Reply 28
viviki

then you are very very lucky lol

I have had quotes of up to 6000 for various cars on my own policy and i have been driving since i was 17 and never had a crash. If I had my own policy on my current car it would be about 1500-2000 - i perfer my current setup thanks lol
Reply 29
It is £525 now. But I have a more expensive car now. I have motor insurance related to my old job but I can renew it still. You can get quite cheap motor insurance on Tescos and Sainsburys
Reply 30
i am also older than most of you guys. Under 25 though.
vw gold tdi.
i mean vw golf tdi
this remins me of my current dilemma

sports car or live in at uni with no car??

people tell me "are you mad - get the car" others say "you'll only be a student once"

ah well , think i'll just wait to see where i get offers from, that could make my decision for me, lol!!
prada_princess
this remins me of my current dilemma

sports car or live in at uni with no car??

people tell me "are you mad - get the car" others say "you'll only be a student once"

ah well , think i'll just wait to see where i get offers from, that could make my decision for me, lol!!

just get the car, the money will come from unknown sources, when you need it...
Reply 35
SaeedRehman
just get the car, the money will come from unknown sources, when you need it...

I wish it did for me!
NikNak
I wish it did for me!

LOL
.. heres something easier.. just ask your parents than....

Latest

Trending

Trending